- GILBERT'S ARENA: Former Wizards Star Cuts Price On Shark Mansion
- Let This Hilarious Surfer Fight To Take You Into Your Weekend
- Blue Jays' Japanese Shortstop Gives Greatest Interview Ever While Practicing English
- Fantasy Football: Chris Johnson Will Be A Situational Back On The Jets
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Small Child Gets Trucked In Mad Scramble For Game-Tying Grand Slam Ball, And Other Shameful Details Of 16-Inning White Sox-Mariners Game
How do you hit a grand slam in extra innings and your team doesn’t win the game? More importantly, how do you, an adult, steamroll a little kid into the concrete in your selfish, headlong pursuit of that ball in the stands?
The answers: a.) you’re the Mariners. b.) you’re Hodor attending his first baseball game.
Poor kid. Shake it off, little fella. Little fella? (Feels pulse).
After nine full innings with no score today, the Chicago White Sox scored five in the top of the 14th to finally win the … oops, no. Seattle came back with five in the bottom of the inning, tying it on Kyle Seager’s grand slam (see above) to make it 5-all.
Then in the 16th run-scoring singles by Alejandro De Aza and Alex Rios gave the White Sox a 7-5 lead, which the held, and this crazy thing was over.
According to the Elias Sports Bureau (and here’s how I picture the Elias Sports Bureau, by the way):
tonight’s game was the first in MLB history in which each team scored five or more runs after going scoreless through nine. Also, the 12 extra-inning runs scored by both teams ties the AL record. And Seager became the first player to hit a tying grand slam in extra innings.
Sample Twitter reaction, from the 12th inning on:
Were he alive, John McKay also would be for the execution of the White Sox and Mariners
— Dave Brown (@AnswerDave) June 5, 2013
— MLB (@MLB) June 6, 2013
AND THE PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD FOR BEST COMEDY, MUSICAL OR BASEBALL GAME GOES TO: THIS WHITE SOX-MARINERS GAME — Matt Sussman (@suss2hyphens) June 6, 2013
The White Sox & Mariners played 13 innings without scoring a run. Then they scored 10 runs in the 14th and it’s tied 5-5 in the 15th.
— Tom Fornelli (@TomFornelli) June 6, 2013
- Jessica Eye Stripped of Victory - Continues to Fight
- Controversy Hits The MMA Ring
- Nelson Frazier Jr. aka Mabel, Big Daddy V Reportedly Dead
- Paulina Gretzky's Provocative Golf Digest Photoshoot