- The Decemberists: Best Photos From Sunday's NFL Snow Games
- The 'Eli Manning Dislikes' Twitter Meme Is A Glorious Thing
- The Yankees Genius Strategy For Success: Get As Old As Possible
- Video Evidence Charles Barkley Is The Best American In America
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Little League Pitcher Gets Hit In Face With Baseball, Stays In Game Because He’s Tougher Than You
Pitching is scary enough as it is. You’re essentially alone out there, locked in one-on-one battle after one-on-one battle, your team depending on you to come through again and again, standing on that hill with – by far – the most ability to impact a baseball game of any individual player in the field. The fact that you’re completely susceptible to getting hit with sizable flying projectiles at great speeds and with little to no reaction time is a secondary concern. But when it happens, it’s terrifying. When it happens to a kid…well, that’s a possibility we don’t even want to think about.
But today, at the Little League World Series, it happened to a pitcher from California. The ball flew back at his face. It ht his cap. It knocked him to the ground. (If his cap hadn’t been there…now there’s something we really don’t want to think about.) He shook it off. He got up. He kept right on pitching. He is already twice the man we’ll ever be. Watch below, and respect.
- Cotto Crushes Rodriguez In Three Rounds
- Reconstructing Manny Pacquiao | RingTV
- Trent Richardson's Fantasy Football Production
- Moment Of Truth Fight in the Philippines