- 49ers Tight End Engaged To Miss Hooters 2009, Is Winning At Life
- Watch This Girl Masterfully Lip-Sync The Commentary Of The Now Famous Iron Bowl Return Play
- Who Deserves The Heisman More: Jameis Winston Or 'Red Lightning'?
- Bill Belichick Took Some Time Out Of His Day To Rip The Jets, Just Because
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Lucky Indians Fan Catches Four Foul Balls In One Game
This guy is the reason you never catch foul balls at baseball games. Yesterday, Indians fan Greg Van Niel caught four foul balls in a single game. He’s only pictured with three balls because he threw the fourth ball away. Van Niel, an Indians season ticket holder, exchanged his regular season tickets for seats in section 160 for Sunday’s game. The lucky seat was row FF, seat 3.
He didn’t catch all four balls without getting dirty:
“Three of them were catches and one was a ball I picked up off the ground,” said Van Niel. “The third one I think was the hardest one – I think I ended up sprawled across a few rows, and I got some cheese on myself. But the other ones were just a matter of being in the right place at the right time.”
Here’s Van Niel collecting his fourth foul ball:
Amazingly, he caught all four foul balls before the end of the fifth inning. The unlikely event marks the highest point for Cleveland sports since the Browns won the championship in 1964.
In these situations, people are prone to say: “You better buy a lottery ticket.” Mathematically, this is an insane statement. The odds of catching four foul balls and purchasing a winning lottery on the same day are astronomically low. On second thought, telling anyone to buy a lottery ticket at any point in time is terrible advice.
- Bradley Speaks On Showdown With Mayweather
- 24 Hilariously Unfortunate Names In Sports
- Pacquiao Ready For New Challenges
- Rios Vows To End Pacquiao's Career