- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Is Rubbing Your Butt
- Baron Davis's Comeback: Part 3
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Lucky Indians Fan Catches Four Foul Balls In One Game
This guy is the reason you never catch foul balls at baseball games. Yesterday, Indians fan Greg Van Niel caught four foul balls in a single game. He’s only pictured with three balls because he threw the fourth ball away. Van Niel, an Indians season ticket holder, exchanged his regular season tickets for seats in section 160 for Sunday’s game. The lucky seat was row FF, seat 3.
He didn’t catch all four balls without getting dirty:
“Three of them were catches and one was a ball I picked up off the ground,” said Van Niel. “The third one I think was the hardest one – I think I ended up sprawled across a few rows, and I got some cheese on myself. But the other ones were just a matter of being in the right place at the right time.”
Here’s Van Niel collecting his fourth foul ball:
Amazingly, he caught all four foul balls before the end of the fifth inning. The unlikely event marks the highest point for Cleveland sports since the Browns won the championship in 1964.
In these situations, people are prone to say: “You better buy a lottery ticket.” Mathematically, this is an insane statement. The odds of catching four foul balls and purchasing a winning lottery on the same day are astronomically low. On second thought, telling anyone to buy a lottery ticket at any point in time is terrible advice.
- What Should Vikings Do in Free Agency?
- AJ McCarron Impressing With Arm, Despite Lack Of Speed
- NFL Combine Live: De'Anthony Thomas Runs 4.34-Second 40-Yard Dash
- Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s Girlfriend Is a Keeper