- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- A TV Station Confused Nelson Mandela With A-Rod
- Magic Johnson Discussing His Pre-HIV Sex Life With Oprah Is Unnerving
- Who Deserves The Heisman More: Jameis Winston Or 'Red Lightning'?
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Magic Johnson On A Potential Gay Dodger: “We’re Gonna Support This Player”
Another baby step towards the acceptance of gay athletes in sports was taken by one Magic Johnson, who was spurred to speak on the subject when his son, E.J., came out to the public earlier this week. In a series of videos on TMZ, Magic discussed his son’s big decision and how it might encourage an L.A. Dodger to make a similar admission. Magic, for his part, seems elated at the concept.
Familiar with breaking down social barriers in sports himself, Magic talked at length about how he could potentially support and protect a gay member of his organization, using E.J. as an example of his capacity for love. Not every owner of a sports team is so candid — not to mention, you know, nice (see: James Dolan).
You can watch the rest of the interview here.
- Rios: My Punch Will Change Pacquiao's Mind
- Brett Favre to Come Back 1 More Time
- Rios Vows To End Pacquiao's Career
- Manny Pacquiao Facing Tax Problems in the U.S. Too?