- All Is Well With The Patriots Defense, But Their Offense...
- MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Goes Off On NFL, Adrian Peterson
- NFLPA Files Appeal Of Ray Rice's Indefinite Suspension
- Bryan Cranston Is 'Baseball'
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Major League Baseball Still An Unsafe Place For Elbows
The hottest name in baseball this year is Tommy John, and for pitchers and fans of the game alike, that sucks. The latest arm to go down: Bronson Arroyo. The 37-year-old hurler confirmed to media members Monday that he would indeed need the dreaded season-ending surgery.
We’ve seen notable young studs like Stephen Strasburg, Matt Harvey and Jose Fernandez get sentenced to TJ, but it’s equally as sad when a wily vet has to get a piece of his hamstring surgically implanted into his arm. As CBS Sports’ Mike Axisa points out, Arroyo has been exceptionally durable, throwing at least 199 innings in each of the last nine seasons.
Easily the worst part about this is the fact that Arroyo injured himself pitching for the worst team in baseball. His iconic leg kick was being wasted on a team that’s currently 37-53.
In related news, Ricky Nolasco is also going for an MRI on his sore elbow, so … yeah. Lame.
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- The NFL's Sexiest Cheerleaders
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy