- Jack White Doing His Best To Look Miserable At The Cubs Game
- Madden 15 Player Ratings: Top 5 Quarterbacks
- Tour de France: Thomas Voeckler Stops To Yell At Hecklers, Finishes Second
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: AFC East Preview & Sleepers
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Major League Baseball Still An Unsafe Place For Elbows
The hottest name in baseball this year is Tommy John, and for pitchers and fans of the game alike, that sucks. The latest arm to go down: Bronson Arroyo. The 37-year-old hurler confirmed to media members Monday that he would indeed need the dreaded season-ending surgery.
We’ve seen notable young studs like Stephen Strasburg, Matt Harvey and Jose Fernandez get sentenced to TJ, but it’s equally as sad when a wily vet has to get a piece of his hamstring surgically implanted into his arm. As CBS Sports’ Mike Axisa points out, Arroyo has been exceptionally durable, throwing at least 199 innings in each of the last nine seasons.
Easily the worst part about this is the fact that Arroyo injured himself pitching for the worst team in baseball. His iconic leg kick was being wasted on a team that’s currently 37-53.
In related news, Ricky Nolasco is also going for an MRI on his sore elbow, so … yeah. Lame.
- Octagon Fight Spills Over to the Street
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row
- Frenkie Edgar Slams B.J. Penn Seeks New Matches
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead