- The Cardinals Are Ridiculously Good At Blocking Field Goal Attempts
- The Saints Are The Answer To Your Fantasy Football 'SOS'
- Cheap Shot On Nick Foles Started A Brawl In Philly-Washington Game
- Ray Lewis On Ray Rice: 'There Are Some Things You Can Cover Up'
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Manny Ramirez Could Join The Rangers After The All-Star Break
Are we mere days away from Manny Ramirez returning to the majors?
According to team president Nolan Ryan, it’s a possibility.
From Taiwan to Texas in the same month? Even for Manny, that’s rather unlikely.
Ryan said on his weekly radio show on ESPN Dallas 103.3 FM that the slugger could be an option for the team after the All-Star break. During the break, Ramirez is spending time with his family in Miami, but his uncle Carlos Ferrera told ESPN Dallas that Ramirez is scheduled to return to Arlington on Thursday morning. In his first eight games with Triple-A Round Rock, the 41-year-old has hit three home runs and driven in six runs, going 6-for-14.
It was only last week that Manny returned to U.S. baseball, signing a Minor League contract with the Round Rock Express of the Pacific Coast League, a Rangers affiliate. He had played for the EDA Rhinos is Taiwan earlier this year.
Aiding Manny’s resurgence: the Rangers’ sucky hitting. Ryan has said all along that they need a right-handed bat, and as was demonstrated by Justin Verlander throwing seven no-hit innings in a 5-0 win over Texas on Sunday.
- 10 Sexiest Female Tennis Players Ever
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'