- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Watch Oscar Pistorius React To His Sentencing
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- Controversy Over: Colt McCoy Will Start For Washington Next Week If RGIII Can't Go
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Manny Ramirez Signed As Player-Coach With Cubs’ Triple-A Team
Cubs sign Manny Ramirez to be a Player/Coach at Triple A affiliate pic.twitter.com/DZ3MNmIxaf
— Ben Murray (@Ben_Murray10) May 25, 2014
It will just be Manny benching Manny. Who knows how Manny the coach will handle Manny the player? But it’s true: The Cubs today announced that they have signed Ramirez as the player-coach of their Triple-A Iowa Minor League team.
Manny is 41, and in no danger of returning to the majors.
Cubs’ Prez of Baseball Operations Theo Epstein in today’s release:
Manny has made real mistakes in the past but he has owned up to them and moved his life in a positive direction the last couple of years. He is in a really great place right now and wants to share the lessons he’s learned along the way. We think he deserves another chance and that our young hitters will benefit from it.”
“While Manny is not and will not be a fit on the Cubs major league roster, we do think at this stage of his life he’s a nice fit as a mentor for some of the young talented hitters we have in the organization
This may be the greatest baseball press release of the year, seeing that it includes: a reminder that Manny has made “real” mistakes”, and a declaration that he “is not and will not” fit on the big club’s roster. High praise indeed.
- Filed Under:
- manny ramirez
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts