- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Mark Teixeira Let His Bat Go Flying Into The Stands, And Spike Lee, Of All People, Caught It
The Yankees and Angels were all square at 2-2 in the bottom of the first inning when Mark Teixeira came to the plate. After swinging at the 1-1 pitch, his bat went flying dangerously into the stands. Hoards of people ducked and dove to get out of the way of the flying piece of wood, but one lucky fan emerged with a souvenir. Spike Lee.
The Knicks’ regular courtside heckler was overjoyed, holding the bat up with childish glee and showing off his newest toy to the Yankee crowd. When the young boy to his right (who we’ll assume is his son) tried to grab the bat, Spike rebuffed his advances – it’s Spike Lee time, young fella.
As the drama began to subside, Spike left us with one more treat – his picturesque swing. And he’s a lefty! Who knew.
Maybe the best part, though, was the announcer (we think it’s David Cone) sneaking in the following dig:
“I’m sure some people wished that would’ve hit him.”
And by people, we assume he means Reggie Miller.
Video via CJ Fogler
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World
- 10 Athletes We Don't Want to See in ESPN's Body Issue
- How To Execute The Perfect Uppercut
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence