- UH-OH: John Rocker Going On Survivor With A Gay Couple
- An 'Aaron Ramsey Curse'? When Arsenal Midfielder Scores, A Celebrity Dies
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 New Orleans Saints Season Preview
- 4 Rookie Quarterbacks Who Will Start And Have Fantasy Value This Season
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Marlins Owner Jeffrey Loria Told Jose Reyes To Buy A House In Miami Two Days Before Trading Jose Reyes To A Different Country
When Jeffrey Loria Jeffrey Loria’d the Miami Marlins earlier this offseason, Marlins fans weren’t the least bit pleased. One of the players he traded, Jose Reyes, was similarly displeased. He had just signed a six-year, $106 million contract with the team, and expect to spend the next phase of his life in South Beach.
But that’s not all that has Jose Reyes chirping at Loria from Toronto Blue Jays’ spring training (via ESPN.com):
“‘I was shocked, because Jeffrey Loria, he always told me he’s never going to trade me,’ Reyes said on his first day as a Blue Jay. “He always called my agent and said, ‘Tell Jose to get a good place here to live,’ and stuff like that.’”
In fact, Reyes said he and Loria attended a dinner together only a couple of days before the trade, and ‘he was talking still about ‘get a nice house in Miami.’”
‘That was kind of crazy,’ the 29-year-old Reyes said. ‘I mean, how can you want me to spend some money in Miami, when I have my house in New York, and you’re going to trade me in two days?’”
‘Yeah yeah, Jose, totally! Plunk down some roots here, why dontchya. Oh, and by the way: enjoy Toronto.’ At least in a karmic sense, Marlins fans won’t stand for this.
Oh, and also: Marlins *fans* on Facebook are still torturing the poor souls who run the team page with shameless trolling. It’s worth a scroll through, if you have a moment.
- Chael Sonnen Receives 2-Year Suspension
- Ronda Rousey's Acting Debut
- 40-Year-Old Hot Mom Nabs Saints Cheerleader Job
- Alexander Gustafsson's Trainer: 'We Are Not Happy'