- The Decemberists: Best Photos From Sunday's NFL Snow Games
- This Is How You Sonic? Missouri Fast Food Joint Apologizes For Racist Sign
- The Steelers Are Losing A Draft Pick Because Of Mike Tomlin
- Chargers Fans Make Giant Cutout Of Eli Manning As A Woman
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Marlins Owner Jeffrey Loria Told Jose Reyes To Buy A House In Miami Two Days Before Trading Jose Reyes To A Different Country
When Jeffrey Loria Jeffrey Loria’d the Miami Marlins earlier this offseason, Marlins fans weren’t the least bit pleased. One of the players he traded, Jose Reyes, was similarly displeased. He had just signed a six-year, $106 million contract with the team, and expect to spend the next phase of his life in South Beach.
But that’s not all that has Jose Reyes chirping at Loria from Toronto Blue Jays’ spring training (via ESPN.com):
“‘I was shocked, because Jeffrey Loria, he always told me he’s never going to trade me,’ Reyes said on his first day as a Blue Jay. “He always called my agent and said, ‘Tell Jose to get a good place here to live,’ and stuff like that.’”
In fact, Reyes said he and Loria attended a dinner together only a couple of days before the trade, and ‘he was talking still about ‘get a nice house in Miami.’”
‘That was kind of crazy,’ the 29-year-old Reyes said. ‘I mean, how can you want me to spend some money in Miami, when I have my house in New York, and you’re going to trade me in two days?’”
‘Yeah yeah, Jose, totally! Plunk down some roots here, why dontchya. Oh, and by the way: enjoy Toronto.’ At least in a karmic sense, Marlins fans won’t stand for this.
Oh, and also: Marlins *fans* on Facebook are still torturing the poor souls who run the team page with shameless trolling. It’s worth a scroll through, if you have a moment.
- Will Peyton Manning Break Tom Brady's Touchdown Record?
- Bradley Speaks On Showdown With Mayweather
- A Long, Painful Journey From Pacquiao To Marquez
- Tim Tebow Used by Ref to Describe Terrible Passing