- FANTASY FOOTBALL: NFL Week 9 Picks & Game Previews
- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
America: Is There A More Embarrassing Way To Lose A Shutout Bid?
You can’t find much to nitpick with Cubs pitcher Matt Garza’s performance against the Brewers yesterday. He completely shut Milwaukee down, allowing three hits and no runs over 8 2/3 innings while striking out nine. The Cubs won 8-0. The bullpen got rest. The day was a huge success overall – except how it ended for Garza. He went 8 2/3 innings, but he should have recorded the last out. But on the play that would have ended it, this happened:
Well, we guess it’s better for a pitcher screw up that badly on a throw to first than a throw to a batter. We feel a little bad for Garza, though: so close to a shutout, and then you come down with a case of Chuck Knoblauch c. 2000 Syndrome. Ultimately, it pales in comparison to pitching a gem and the Cubs getting an easy win, but he might not be able to miss that badly on a throw to first again if he tried. Then again, it’s the Cubs, so it would probably be too much to expect everything to go well.
- Filed Under:
- Chicago Cubs
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts