- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Sorry, Mets Fans: Matt Harvey Isn’t Playing Next Year
It’s official: Matt Harvey is getting Tommy John surgery, and he won’t pitch for the New York Mets in 2014.
The rest and rehab approach did not work. Mets right-hander Matt Harvey will undergo Tommy John surgery to repair the partially torn ligament in his elbow, the team announced. Dr. James Andrews will perform the procedure later this month.
Harvey, 24, was shut down in late August following a bout of forearm soreness. Tests revealed the partial tear. Since surgery would have sidelined him for all of 2014 anyway, the right-hander tried to rehab the injury first. Barring any setbacks, he should be able to return to the team for the start of 2015.
Sorry, Mets fans.
At least Johan Santana might be coming back?
- Filed Under:
- matt harvey
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- 25 Sexy WWE Diva Images You Need To See Before You Die
- Stacy Keibler Looking AMAZING on All Fours
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World