- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- What If The NFL's Best QBs Were Bald?
- SportsGrid's "Off The Grid" Podcast: Collegehumor's Dave Rosenberg
- SLIDESHOW: American Soccer Star Sydney Leroux's 23 Sexiest Instagram Photos
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Sorry, Mets Fans: Matt Harvey Isn’t Playing Next Year
It’s official: Matt Harvey is getting Tommy John surgery, and he won’t pitch for the New York Mets in 2014.
The rest and rehab approach did not work. Mets right-hander Matt Harvey will undergo Tommy John surgery to repair the partially torn ligament in his elbow, the team announced. Dr. James Andrews will perform the procedure later this month.
Harvey, 24, was shut down in late August following a bout of forearm soreness. Tests revealed the partial tear. Since surgery would have sidelined him for all of 2014 anyway, the right-hander tried to rehab the injury first. Barring any setbacks, he should be able to return to the team for the start of 2015.
Sorry, Mets fans.
At least Johan Santana might be coming back?
- Filed Under:
- matt harvey
- Rios: My Punch Will Change Pacquiao's Mind
- What Will The Bears Do Without Cutler?
- Brett Favre to Come Back 1 More Time
- Moment Of Truth Fight in the Philippines