- You Can Rent Rory McIlroy's Former Northern Ireland Mansion/Golf Course
- Angels' SP Garrett Richards Out For Season
- Sleepers Or Snoozers: Fantasy Football Breakout Candidates
- Does Johnny Manziel Have The Maturity To Succeed?
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Sorry, Mets Fans: Matt Harvey Isn’t Playing Next Year
It’s official: Matt Harvey is getting Tommy John surgery, and he won’t pitch for the New York Mets in 2014.
The rest and rehab approach did not work. Mets right-hander Matt Harvey will undergo Tommy John surgery to repair the partially torn ligament in his elbow, the team announced. Dr. James Andrews will perform the procedure later this month.
Harvey, 24, was shut down in late August following a bout of forearm soreness. Tests revealed the partial tear. Since surgery would have sidelined him for all of 2014 anyway, the right-hander tried to rehab the injury first. Barring any setbacks, he should be able to return to the team for the start of 2015.
Sorry, Mets fans.
At least Johan Santana might be coming back?
- Filed Under:
- matt harvey
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts