- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Colin Cowherd Goes Off On Callers Over Kobe Bryant, Lakers: 'They're Done'
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- Controversy Over: Colt McCoy Will Start For Washington Next Week If RGIII Can't Go
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Matt Kemp Says Braun Should Be Stripped Of 2011 MVP Award
But for a mishandled urine sample, this whole Ryan Braun saga could have been played out two years ago. Would that have given Matt Kemp the Matt Kemp the 2011 NL MVP award? That’s a bit hazy. But in light of recent events, Kemp thinks he should get the trophy now retroactively.
That year, Braun garnered 388 points and 20 first-place votes for the honor, besting runnerup Kemp, at 332, 10. Some say the Dodgers outfielder should have won the award on the numbers, and I’m among them.
Braun: .332 avg.; 33 HR; 111 RBI; 33 SB.
Kemp: .324 avg.; 39 HR; 126 RBI; 40 SB.
(Fun fact: Milwaukee’s Prince Fielder played all 162 games that season. Can a 300-pound man get a day off?).
Anyway, Braun almost got suspended by Major League Baseball that October for elevated testosterone following a positive test, but an arbitrator overturned it, ruling that Braun’s urine sample was handled improperly.
“Gilligan, be careful with that urine sample! The professor needs it to help us get off the island.”
“Don’t worry, Skipper! I …”
“Gilligan, you idiot!”
Knowing what we know now — Braun was most assuredly a walking pharmacy in 2011 — Kemp definitely deserved it. And he agrees.
Asked Tuesday whether the award should be taken away from Braun, Kemp responded: “I mean, yeah, I do,” pausing and adding, “I feel like it should be, but that’s not for me to decide, you know?”
Kemp said people feel “betrayed” by Braun.
Would that mean that Bud Selig sends guys to Braun’s house to take the trophy and drive it over to Kemp’s house? Probably not. Let’s just say that Kemp is a little pissed over the whole thing, and you can’t really blame him.
Photo: Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts