- You're Drafting Rashad Jennings Way Too Late
- 49ers' Ray McDonald Arrested On Domestic Violence Charges
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Pittsburgh Steelers Season Preview
- Bob Arum: Pacquiao Mayweather Fight Going To Happen In 2015
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Report: Melky Cabrera Suspended 50 Games After Testing Positive For Testosterone
Melky Cabrera, 2012 All-Star Game Most Valuable Player, who is currently second in both the majors and National League in batting, was issued a 50-game suspension toady for testing positive for testosterone. The news broke at 2:42 p.m. when the MLB sent out this tweet:
BREAKING: Giants OF Melky Cabrera suspended 50 games without pay after testing positive for Testosterone, a performance-enhancing substance.
— MLB (@MLB) August 15, 2012
Cabrera had this to say in a statement:
“My positive test was the result of my use of a substance I should not have used. … I am deeply sorry for my mistake.”
The 28-year-old outfielder was enjoying the best season of his career for the San Francisco Giants, who are currently tied atop the National League West with the Los Angeles Dodgers. Cabrera was batting .346 with 11 home runs and 60 RBIs. He was second int he NL in batting average, trailing only the Pirates’ Andrew McCutchen.
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- 10 Of The Most Gorgeous Women In Sports Today
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship