- GILBERT'S ARENA: Former Wizards Star Cuts Price On Shark Mansion
- Let This Hilarious Surfer Fight To Take You Into Your Weekend
- Blue Jays' Japanese Shortstop Gives Greatest Interview Ever While Practicing English
- Fantasy Football: Chris Johnson Will Be A Situational Back On The Jets
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Report: Melky Cabrera Suspended 50 Games After Testing Positive For Testosterone
Melky Cabrera, 2012 All-Star Game Most Valuable Player, who is currently second in both the majors and National League in batting, was issued a 50-game suspension toady for testing positive for testosterone. The news broke at 2:42 p.m. when the MLB sent out this tweet:
BREAKING: Giants OF Melky Cabrera suspended 50 games without pay after testing positive for Testosterone, a performance-enhancing substance.
— MLB (@MLB) August 15, 2012
Cabrera had this to say in a statement:
“My positive test was the result of my use of a substance I should not have used. … I am deeply sorry for my mistake.”
The 28-year-old outfielder was enjoying the best season of his career for the San Francisco Giants, who are currently tied atop the National League West with the Los Angeles Dodgers. Cabrera was batting .346 with 11 home runs and 60 RBIs. He was second int he NL in batting average, trailing only the Pirates’ Andrew McCutchen.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story