- Iowa State Fans Mock Marcus Smart With Coordinated Mass Flopping Routine (Genius)
- Johnny Weir And Tara Lapinski Commentate 30 Rock's Lunchtime Free Skate
- How Does Lionel Messi's On-Field Vomit Attack Stack Up Against The 7 Grossest Puke Vids In Sports History?
- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Report: Melky Cabrera Suspended 50 Games After Testing Positive For Testosterone
Melky Cabrera, 2012 All-Star Game Most Valuable Player, who is currently second in both the majors and National League in batting, was issued a 50-game suspension toady for testing positive for testosterone. The news broke at 2:42 p.m. when the MLB sent out this tweet:
BREAKING: Giants OF Melky Cabrera suspended 50 games without pay after testing positive for Testosterone, a performance-enhancing substance.
— MLB (@MLB) August 15, 2012
Cabrera had this to say in a statement:
“My positive test was the result of my use of a substance I should not have used. … I am deeply sorry for my mistake.”
The 28-year-old outfielder was enjoying the best season of his career for the San Francisco Giants, who are currently tied atop the National League West with the Los Angeles Dodgers. Cabrera was batting .346 with 11 home runs and 60 RBIs. He was second int he NL in batting average, trailing only the Pirates’ Andrew McCutchen.
- Virgil Hunter: Manny Got Put to Sleep
- Will Timothy Bradley Take Down Pacquiao Again?
- Can Maidana Overpower Mayweather?
- Did Mayweather Avoid Fighting Amir Khan?