- You Can Rent Rory McIlroy's Former Northern Ireland Mansion/Golf Course
- Angels' SP Garrett Richards Out For Season
- Sleepers Or Snoozers: Fantasy Football Breakout Candidates
- Does Johnny Manziel Have The Maturity To Succeed?
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Report: Melky Cabrera Suspended 50 Games After Testing Positive For Testosterone
Melky Cabrera, 2012 All-Star Game Most Valuable Player, who is currently second in both the majors and National League in batting, was issued a 50-game suspension toady for testing positive for testosterone. The news broke at 2:42 p.m. when the MLB sent out this tweet:
BREAKING: Giants OF Melky Cabrera suspended 50 games without pay after testing positive for Testosterone, a performance-enhancing substance.
— MLB (@MLB) August 15, 2012
Cabrera had this to say in a statement:
“My positive test was the result of my use of a substance I should not have used. … I am deeply sorry for my mistake.”
The 28-year-old outfielder was enjoying the best season of his career for the San Francisco Giants, who are currently tied atop the National League West with the Los Angeles Dodgers. Cabrera was batting .346 with 11 home runs and 60 RBIs. He was second int he NL in batting average, trailing only the Pirates’ Andrew McCutchen.
- Jack White Throws Out Saddest First Pitch Ever
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'