- 2014 World Series MVP Madison Bumgarner -- By the Numbers
- Gilbert Arenas Has Finally Sold His Shark Mansion, After Removing Sharks
- Mike Tyson Beats Mike Tyson In Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
- Survivor Pool Picks For Every Week 9 NFL Game
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Report: Melky Cabrera Suspended 50 Games After Testing Positive For Testosterone
Melky Cabrera, 2012 All-Star Game Most Valuable Player, who is currently second in both the majors and National League in batting, was issued a 50-game suspension toady for testing positive for testosterone. The news broke at 2:42 p.m. when the MLB sent out this tweet:
BREAKING: Giants OF Melky Cabrera suspended 50 games without pay after testing positive for Testosterone, a performance-enhancing substance.
— MLB (@MLB) August 15, 2012
Cabrera had this to say in a statement:
“My positive test was the result of my use of a substance I should not have used. … I am deeply sorry for my mistake.”
The 28-year-old outfielder was enjoying the best season of his career for the San Francisco Giants, who are currently tied atop the National League West with the Los Angeles Dodgers. Cabrera was batting .346 with 11 home runs and 60 RBIs. He was second int he NL in batting average, trailing only the Pirates’ Andrew McCutchen.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts