- Iowa State Fans Mock Marcus Smart With Coordinated Mass Flopping Routine (Genius)
- Johnny Weir And Tara Lapinski Commentate 30 Rock's Lunchtime Free Skate
- How Does Lionel Messi's On-Field Vomit Attack Stack Up Against The 7 Grossest Puke Vids In Sports History?
- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Badass Baseball Injury Update: Oakland’s Michael Taylor Injures Finger Throwing Gum Away
Oakland Athletics outfielder Michael Taylor was traded for Roy Hallady once. There were a lot of other pieces involved – it was one of those here’s-our-farm-system-gimme-your-star trades – but Michael Taylor changed teams and was scrawled across various tickers. Who? Ah, yes, generic sounding prospect. Anyway: he’s 27 years old now and has played a few games here and there for Oakland in 2011 and 2012, but is unlikely to make the team this year.
So why are we talking about him? Well it’s his pinkie that’s of concern, as it relates to the badass injury spectrum. You know, the whole scorpion bite to strained butts thing. According to the San Francisco Chronicle, Taylor says he can’t play until the gash on his pinkie heals – the gash he earned while throwing out gum. Apparently his hand hit the dugout ceiling light as he tossed it to the garbage, which tells us that he threw it overhand. An ambitious modus operandi, when the underhand toss is more suited to precise distance and optimal arc. But to each his own, I guess.
Still: don’t chew gum. It’ll rot away your pinkie finger.
Badass Baseball Injury Spectrum: sad puppy.
- Filed Under:
- Pacers Trade Danny Granger to Sixers for Evan Turner
- LeBron Buys Teammates Championship Belts
- Joes Reyes Can Rap?
- Virgil Hunter: Manny Got Put to Sleep