- The Decemberists: Best Photos From Sunday's NFL Snow Games
- This Is How You Sonic? Missouri Fast Food Joint Apologizes For Racist Sign
- The Steelers Are Losing A Draft Pick Because Of Mike Tomlin
- Chargers Fans Make Giant Cutout Of Eli Manning As A Woman
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Milton Bradley Picks Up A Photo Of A Gun, Tells His Wife, “This Is The Gun That I’m Going To Kill You With”
MLB free agent and notably unstable person Milton Bradley was arrested in January for allegedly chasing his wife around the house with a baseball bat.
But after a meeting with Seattle prosecutors in February, he was never charged with anything, and he soon moved back in with his wife and kids. His wife’s reasoning for allowing Bradley back in the house, according to L.A. County Superior Court documents: she genuinely thought she could change him.
Now, Monique Bradley has filed a restraining order against her husband after an argument in their Los Angeles home, in which the outfielder allegedly picked up a photo of a gun, and said, “This is the gun that I’m going to kill you with.”
The incident occurred on September 27th, according to TMZ, and there will be a hearing on October 25th.
During his 11-year career, Bradley was known for his emotional ups and downs. He tore his ACL while arguing with an umpire in 2007, and when he was a member of the Texas Rangers in 2008 he confronted a broadcaster who had made critical comments about him.
But it wasn’t all explosions and anger: the flipside to Bradley’s emotional instability is a vulnerability that creeps into the spotlight in heartbreaking ways. After the broadcaster incident, a distraught Bradley returned to the clubhouse in tears, and told his teammates: “All I want to do is play baseball and make a better life for my kid than I had, that’s it. I love all you guys. … I’m strong, but I’m not that strong.”
Last year, as a member of the Seattle Mariners, Bradley took himself out a game without permission and left the ballpark. He asked the Mariners for help, started seeing a counselor, and then returned to the team. Unfortunately, with this latest ugliness, it’s impossible to feel sympathetic towards the guy.
Image via Getty.
- 24 Hilariously Unfortunate Names In Sports
- Tim Tebow Used by Ref to Describe Terrible Passing
- Niners Lose in a Manner Most Foul
- The Top 40 Up and Coming NBA Stars