- LeBron James Is Balding Again, So We Made Him Some Haircut Suggestions
- Will Ferrell, Chris Rock And Kevin Hart Wish Derek Jeter Farewell
- McKinnon, Taliaferro & Royal: Top Week 5 Waiver Wire Grabs
- Warriors Unveil New Uniforms In A Never-Before-Used Color, Call It 'Body Armor'
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
The Boston Red Sox Have The Most Expensive Tickets In Baseball
The Boston Red Sox have stumbled out of the gate this season with an 0-3 record, but they’ve already won something: the World Series of Having Ridiculously Expensive Tickets.
The Red Sox edged out the Yankees (also 0-3) in a new batch of data from Team Marketing Report that examines the price structure at every major league ballpark. According to TMR, the average ticket to see a game at a Sox game costs $53.38. As the Boston Herald points out, the prices get particularly ridiculous when you calculate how much it costs the average Bostonian family to enjoy a day at Fenway.
Four adult average-price tickets, two small draft beers, four small soft drinks, four hot dogs, parking for one, two game programs and two least expensive adult-size adjustable caps will cost $336.99 for a family at one Red Sox game.
As far as we can tell, the Red Sox don’t offer discounted tickets for children older than two. If you’re under two years old, though, you get into the park for free. So either disguise yourself as a baby, or prepare to pay the full price at the gate.
Here’s are the top five most expensive tickets in baseball, along with their average price.
1. Boston Red Sox ($53.38)
2. New York Yankees ($51.55)
3. Chicago Cubs ($46.30)
4. Philadelphia Phillies ($37.42)
5. Minnesota Twins ($33.04)
And congratulations, Arizona: your Diamondbacks have the least expensive average ticket price in baseball ($15.74). Which means you’ll have plenty of extra money to buy beer and attempt to hold onto it while catching home run balls in the outfield pool.
- Filed Under:
- Boston Red Sox
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts