- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- What If The NFL's Best QBs Were Bald?
- SportsGrid's "Off The Grid" Podcast: Collegehumor's Dave Rosenberg
- SLIDESHOW: American Soccer Star Sydney Leroux's 23 Sexiest Instagram Photos
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
The Nationals Made T-Shirts Out Of Pitching Coach Steve McCatty’s Old Playgirl Photo
Gio Gonzalez is modeling one here (see below for full picture), and Ryan Zimmerman said of the shirt:
“It’s pretty incredible. It’s a perfect T-shirt, and what a picture. It’s one of the better T-shirts I’ve seen in the eight years I’ve seen them made.”
Reliever Tyler Clippard on the shirts: “This is the best day of my life.”
On the back of the shirt; the word UNTUCK.
McCatty, of course, is the former Oakland A’s starting pitcher (he played with Rickey Henderson during the Billy Ball era) who is now pitching coach for the Nationals. In the early 1980s he and a number of other MLB players (among them Steve Yeager, Dennis Eckersley, George Brett) for some reason agreed to pose for Playgirl in a series of photo spreads that Baseball Prospectus recently dug up.
The Nationals’ Dan Haren quickly snapped into action, grabbing McCatty’s photo from the July, 1984 issue and making a run of t-shirts for his teammates. Below is Gio Gonzalez wearing his during an MASN interview.
“I could have done without that revelation,” Manager Davey Johnson said, smiling. “If you had asked me who that was, I could not have figured it out. If I had 100 years, I couldn’t figure out who that was. There’s been a big change in the last 30 years. I didn’t know he had that good a body, and I didn’t know he had that much hair.”
— Jack O’Beam (@JackoBeam) May 22, 2013
- Bradley Speaks On Showdown With Mayweather
- A Long, Painful Journey From Pacquiao To Marquez
- Hottest Wives/Girlfriends in Sports!
- Shane Battier Discuses Future Female NBA Players