- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- A TV Station Confused Nelson Mandela With A-Rod
- SLIDESHOW: American Soccer Star Sydney Leroux's 23 Sexiest Instagram Photos
- Who Deserves The Heisman More: Jameis Winston Or 'Red Lightning'?
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
New Rule: Umpires Can Punch Out Batters After Only Two Strikes Now
Forgive umpire Paul Emmel if he got a little confused during the fifth inning of the Royals-Indians game on Monday. The Royals had made two mound visits, the second involving a pitching change, and Cleveland’s Lonnie Chisenhall was batting with two out. Chisenhall had a 3-1 count when he took a strike … and Emmel called him out with an emphatic “Strike three!”
Have you ever seen a more confused look? (Screen cap). The announcers were fooled as well (and even misidentified the ump). And aside from only being the second strike, that pitch looked low. The circus is in town, kids.
Eventually order was restored and Chisenhall struck out properly.
- Weigh-in Has Alien, Short Cake, Kick-Ass Threats
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Top 5 Reasons the New York Giants Suck
- Cotto Crushes Rodriguez In Three Rounds