- Tigers Outfielder Gets Traded In Middle Of Game, Walks Off To Standing Ovation
- The Top 9 Sports-Related Moments From 'Sharknado 2: The Second One'
- The Xpert Eye: MLB Trade Deadline Special Edition -- Who's Going Where?
- VIDEO: Someone Gave The Robots Their Own World Cup And It's Hilarious
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
New Rule: Umpires Can Punch Out Batters After Only Two Strikes Now
Forgive umpire Paul Emmel if he got a little confused during the fifth inning of the Royals-Indians game on Monday. The Royals had made two mound visits, the second involving a pitching change, and Cleveland’s Lonnie Chisenhall was batting with two out. Chisenhall had a 3-1 count when he took a strike … and Emmel called him out with an emphatic “Strike three!”
Have you ever seen a more confused look? (Screen cap). The announcers were fooled as well (and even misidentified the ump). And aside from only being the second strike, that pitch looked low. The circus is in town, kids.
Eventually order was restored and Chisenhall struck out properly.
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Mark Munoz Scores a Huge New Contract
- 10 Hottest Female Race Car Drivers
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ