- Meet Joakim Noah's Father, Who Is Definitely Joakim Noah's Father
- Wichita State Lost The MVC Title Game, According To Their Own Shirts
- A Light At The End Of The Nerd Tunnel: Nate Silver Declares Start Date For FiveThirtyEight Site
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Rubs Your Butt
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Nick Swisher Was A Lazy Bum During Yesterday’s Bonehead Play Of The Day, Bro
Just last week, we found out that Nick Swisher is very possibly the bro-iest athlete in the world, man. Yesterday, we found out that he might be one of the laziest too.
Since the days of Little League, coaches drill the idea of running out every play into the heads of baseball players. Until you’re absolutely sure that a ball is foul or that a pop-up is caught, you run. You run because shit happens. You run because sometimes the sun catches an outfielders’ eye at the wrong moment and he drops the ball. You run because sometimes a ball slowly rolling along the third-base line takes a little turn and ends up being fair.
That’s exactly what happened yesterday on a ball that just barely deflected off of Swisher’s bat. Here’s yesterday’s bonehead play of the day, dude:
Swisher broke one of the cardinal rules of baseball. Brayan Pena made a nice heads-up play when he spotted Swisher’s bro-esque laziness. And now you get to laugh at him all day. I can not confirm or deny that when he was called out, Swisher turned to the umpire and said, “Yeah, well, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.“
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Real Basketball Wives That Cheated On Their Ballers
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager