- IS CLIFF LEE DONE?: MLB Trade Deadline Deals, Injuries, Tidbits And Trends
- Golfer Dustin Johnson Suspended Six Months For Positive Cocaine Test
- Jonny Gomes' Last Words As A Member Of The Red Sox: 'Boston Strong'
- Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Upset Puts Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Now The A-Rod Grocery In Brooklyn Will Change Its Name, Says Owner
You know what they say: once you lose the grocery stores, you lose the people. Here we have A-Rod Grocery, a small bodega in Brooklyn’s Clinton Hill neighborhood. Once popular among the locals, it has now, sadly, become a Little Shop of Horrors, thanks to Alex Rodriguez’s suspension for PEDs.
Its owner, Ricardo Rodriguez, told Spanish-language newspaper El Diario that it’s ball been too much.
“We are thinking of changing the name, because the outcry from neighbors is intolerable,” said Rodriguez, who is not related to the player, in a quote translated by The Huffington Post. “It’s been 12 years that the bodega has been called A-Rod, in those times the batter was the pride of all Dominican fans, no one imagined the downfall of ‘The Ace.’”
Yelp review: Where else can you go and get a sandwich, a Snapple, and a PS3 Controller, or a Wireless Mouse, or a Wii game!
Where else indeed?
So they’re going to need a new name. May I suggest the Lyle Overbay Mart?
Photo: Dave Cook.
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen
- Soccer Kick and Knee Combo is KO of the Week
- Buffalo Bills Sammy Watkins Stuns with His Impressive Abilities