- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Colin Cowherd Goes Off On Callers Over Kobe Bryant, Lakers: 'They're Done'
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- Controversy Over: Colt McCoy Will Start For Washington Next Week If RGIII Can't Go
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Now The A-Rod Grocery In Brooklyn Will Change Its Name, Says Owner
You know what they say: once you lose the grocery stores, you lose the people. Here we have A-Rod Grocery, a small bodega in Brooklyn’s Clinton Hill neighborhood. Once popular among the locals, it has now, sadly, become a Little Shop of Horrors, thanks to Alex Rodriguez’s suspension for PEDs.
Its owner, Ricardo Rodriguez, told Spanish-language newspaper El Diario that it’s ball been too much.
“We are thinking of changing the name, because the outcry from neighbors is intolerable,” said Rodriguez, who is not related to the player, in a quote translated by The Huffington Post. “It’s been 12 years that the bodega has been called A-Rod, in those times the batter was the pride of all Dominican fans, no one imagined the downfall of ‘The Ace.’”
Yelp review: Where else can you go and get a sandwich, a Snapple, and a PS3 Controller, or a Wireless Mouse, or a Wii game!
Where else indeed?
So they’re going to need a new name. May I suggest the Lyle Overbay Mart?
Photo: Dave Cook.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts