- Jerry Buss, You Will Be Remembered By This Dope L.A. Mansion
- Week 15: Fantasy Football FLEX Rankings: Start Or Sit Your Risky Players?
- This Is How Gary Payton Does The Highlights
- SportsGrid's Week 15 NFL Pick$: Last Week Was Absurdly Profitable
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Nyjer Morgan Pretty Much Runs Into Fan’s Face, Gets Mad At Fan (And His Face) For Being There
A reminder to Nyjer Morgan: if the ball is in the seats, it’s fair game. So if a fan wants to get into a jump-ball scenario, he or she can go for it. Don’t shove them and then yell at them, because at that point you’re just being kind of a dick.
Morgan tried to make a play on a foul fly ball down the right-field line Wednesday’s 8-4 win over the Reds at Great American Ball Park, and got tangled up with a Cincy fan. Morgan pushed the fan away, then exchanged words before umpire Marty Foster urged him to break it up.
Afterwards, the artist currently known as T Plush downplayed the incident.
“It’s just one of those things where we were tangled up; I could have made a play on the ball,” Morgan said. “I just gave him a little, ‘Get off me,’ because he was all on my arm and everything. Nothing major, but everybody might blow it up a little differently.”
To his credit, Morgan also acknowledged that the fan was in the right. So did Brewers manager Ron Roenicke, who noted:
“That’s what the home fans are supposed to do, try to take the ball from the opposing team when the ball is in the stands,” Morgan said. “It’s fair game once the ball is in the stands.”
He added: “It was nothing major. … I’m a fan, too. I would have done the same thing.”
Video of the little misunderstanding is here.
[h/t Business Insider]
- A Long, Painful Journey From Pacquiao To Marquez
- Bradley Climbs Pound For Pound Top 10
- Hottest Wives/Girlfriends in Sports!
- Holly Holm Takes Nikki Knudsen Down