- Brian Hoyer Is A Ford Bronco; Johnny Manziel Is A 1970's Jaguar. What Would You Choose?
- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- Carmelo Anthony Would Be, Hands Down, The Worst NFL Quarterback Ever
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Nyjer Morgan Pretty Much Runs Into Fan’s Face, Gets Mad At Fan (And His Face) For Being There
A reminder to Nyjer Morgan: if the ball is in the seats, it’s fair game. So if a fan wants to get into a jump-ball scenario, he or she can go for it. Don’t shove them and then yell at them, because at that point you’re just being kind of a dick.
Morgan tried to make a play on a foul fly ball down the right-field line Wednesday’s 8-4 win over the Reds at Great American Ball Park, and got tangled up with a Cincy fan. Morgan pushed the fan away, then exchanged words before umpire Marty Foster urged him to break it up.
Afterwards, the artist currently known as T Plush downplayed the incident.
“It’s just one of those things where we were tangled up; I could have made a play on the ball,” Morgan said. “I just gave him a little, ‘Get off me,’ because he was all on my arm and everything. Nothing major, but everybody might blow it up a little differently.”
To his credit, Morgan also acknowledged that the fan was in the right. So did Brewers manager Ron Roenicke, who noted:
“That’s what the home fans are supposed to do, try to take the ball from the opposing team when the ball is in the stands,” Morgan said. “It’s fair game once the ball is in the stands.”
He added: “It was nothing major. … I’m a fan, too. I would have done the same thing.”
Video of the little misunderstanding is here.
[h/t Business Insider]
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts