- Christiano Ronaldo Ejected, Crowd Throws Stuff
- Kate Upton Before She Became The Mega-Supermodel You Know And Love Today
- If You're Going To Post A Workout Video, Make Sure There Isn't A Guy Taking A Dump Visible In The Frame
- MMA In Pakistan? Watch This Awesome Documentary...
- The Most Feared Latina In Women's Football
Nyjer Morgan Pretty Much Runs Into Fan’s Face, Gets Mad At Fan (And His Face) For Being There
A reminder to Nyjer Morgan: if the ball is in the seats, it’s fair game. So if a fan wants to get into a jump-ball scenario, he or she can go for it. Don’t shove them and then yell at them, because at that point you’re just being kind of a dick.
Morgan tried to make a play on a foul fly ball down the right-field line Wednesday’s 8-4 win over the Reds at Great American Ball Park, and got tangled up with a Cincy fan. Morgan pushed the fan away, then exchanged words before umpire Marty Foster urged him to break it up.
Afterwards, the artist currently known as T Plush downplayed the incident.
“It’s just one of those things where we were tangled up; I could have made a play on the ball,” Morgan said. “I just gave him a little, ‘Get off me,’ because he was all on my arm and everything. Nothing major, but everybody might blow it up a little differently.”
To his credit, Morgan also acknowledged that the fan was in the right. So did Brewers manager Ron Roenicke, who noted:
“That’s what the home fans are supposed to do, try to take the ball from the opposing team when the ball is in the stands,” Morgan said. “It’s fair game once the ball is in the stands.”
He added: “It was nothing major. … I’m a fan, too. I would have done the same thing.”
Video of the little misunderstanding is here.
[h/t Business Insider]
- Tachi Palace Fights To Return In August
- The 20 Biggest Blowouts in Sports History
- Paddleboarding Adventures with Alex Morgan
- Did Lebron Have a Lovechild With This Newscaster?