- Injuries to Green, Charles & RGIII Exact Their Toll
- Who Screwed The Jets Harder Yesterday: The Officials, Or The Jets?
- The Crotch-Grab Incident: Jonathan Papelbon Ejected For Adjusting His Cup
- Carmelo Anthony: 'Ain't Nobody' Would Want To Play For The Atlanta Hawks
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
If Hostess Really Does Shut Down, This Orioles Pitching Prospect Who Eats Four Mini-Doughnuts Between Each Inning Is Totally Screwed
Baltimore Orioles pitching prospect Kevin Gausman is a man of superstition. Besides subscribing to the normal do-this-tie-that-step-there ritual, he has some mid-game quirks as well. Okay so really it’s just snacking on delicious Hostess “donettes,” which are mini powdered doughnuts. But this snacking is a systematic demolition, specifically four donettes between each inning. That’s 32 donettes per game, for those of you counting at home. Extra innings must be particularly delightful.
In other, related news, Hostess is going out of business. The sports world is not happy about this. As you might imagine, this group of disheartened Hostess loyalists includes Gausman, whose game ritual is about to be torn to pieces by BIG BUSINESS. Damn you, corporate America.
Ok I need to go out to every grocery store and get Powdered Hostess Donnetts pronto!!!! Can’t believe they are going out of business #Sad
— Kevin Gausman (@KevinGausman) November 16, 2012
— Kevin Gausman (@KevinGausman) November 17, 2012
But wait! There might be hope yet. Apparently a judge has ordered mediation between Hostess and the Bakers Union, so one weird baseball superstition might not be lost forever. Because as far as baseball superstitions go, this one probably takes the doughnut.
— Kevin Gausman (@KevinGausman) November 19, 2012
Also of note, this Gausman scouting report:
“Body (6-4, 190): Extremely long and lean. Very long legs, shorter torso and long arms. Moderate shoulder width with some taper to the waist. Plenty of room for additional strength/mass as he matures. Good athlete, well-coordinated, runs well.”
Wait, what? Only if that diet worked for Pablo Sandoval.
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'