- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- How The World Series Could Be Decided By The Right Field Wall At AT&T Park
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
People Can’t Stop Talking About How Awesome And/Or Disrespectful Yasiel Puig Is
The Dodgers beat the Cardinals 3-0 last night, finally scoring some runs in the NLCS and getting a win. The highlight of the night was undoubtedly Yasiel Puig’s stand-up triple in the fourth, which might have even been an inside-the-park homer had Puig actually ran to first base instead of flipping his bat and fist pumping. The second gear he shows in going from first to third, however, is pretty spectacular:
Not surprisingly, Puig acting like he has never been there before (which, surprise, he hasn’t) rubbed some people the wrong way. Like Cardinals rightfielder and postseason beast Carlos Beltran, for example (from ESPN):
I mean, it’s not great. To me, I don’t like it. But what can I say? I don’t play for them. I just play over here. I just need to do my job. It is what it is.”
On the other hand, teammate Jerry Hairston Jr. thought it was all in good fun:
“You’ve got to remember, this guy is like a 16-year-old kid playing Little League. He’s just so passionate, so emotional about the game. He really means no disrespect. He really means no harm. He just got excited tonight. He got a really big hit for us.”
And if you type “Puig showboating” into Twitter, almost every take on Puig is different than the one before it (or after it):
The Dodgers needed some momentum and excitement, and they got it in the form of Puig’s antics. But you don’t want to make a good team angry, and the Cardinals are now an angry good team. Hey, non-Dodgers and non-Cardinals fans, what do you think?
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts