- FANTASY FOOTBALL: NFL Week 9 Picks & Game Previews
- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Radio Broadcast Team For Richest Franchise In Baseball Forced To Call Game Via Mobile Phone
The Yankees radio broadcast (and announcers John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman) were forced to use a mobile phone to broadcast a portion of Thursday’s Yankees-Orioles game when a Verizon network outage cut off their audio feed to Yankee flagship station WCBS.
According to Newsday, the outage actually originated in lower Manhattan — not Baltimore, where the Yankees were in action. The outage happened during the fifth inning, and Sterling and Waldman called the final out of the fifth and the top of the sixth using Sterling’s mobile phone. Here’s a sampling of what it sounded like, via Twitter user @sacharisma89:
Upload MP3s using free MP3 hosting from Tindeck.
We’re sure this isn’t the first time this has happened, but extensive searching could not find the previous instance. If you know when the last time John Sterling called a Yankee game via telephone, let us know in the comments.
Follow Timothy on Twitter at @bubbaprog.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts