- Madden 15 Player Ratings: Top 5 Offensive Linemen
- Jimmy Fallon's 'Late Night Superlatives': Tour de France Edition
- The NBA Needs To Consider Relocation To Seattle And Louisville, Not Expansion
- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Radio Broadcast Team For Richest Franchise In Baseball Forced To Call Game Via Mobile Phone
The Yankees radio broadcast (and announcers John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman) were forced to use a mobile phone to broadcast a portion of Thursday’s Yankees-Orioles game when a Verizon network outage cut off their audio feed to Yankee flagship station WCBS.
According to Newsday, the outage actually originated in lower Manhattan — not Baltimore, where the Yankees were in action. The outage happened during the fifth inning, and Sterling and Waldman called the final out of the fifth and the top of the sixth using Sterling’s mobile phone. Here’s a sampling of what it sounded like, via Twitter user @sacharisma89:
Upload MP3s using free MP3 hosting from Tindeck.
We’re sure this isn’t the first time this has happened, but extensive searching could not find the previous instance. If you know when the last time John Sterling called a Yankee game via telephone, let us know in the comments.
Follow Timothy on Twitter at @bubbaprog.
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Arlovski Speaks up on Klitschko Brothers and UFC Return
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- Provodnikov's Falling Star