- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- What If The NFL's Best QBs Were Bald?
- SportsGrid's "Off The Grid" Podcast: Collegehumor's Dave Rosenberg
- We Remixed That KG Beats Commercial By Adding Radiohead's "Creep"
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Raul Ibanez Pinch Hits For A-Rod In Bottom of 9th Inning, Hits Game-Tying Home Run (Video)
Welp. After so much hoopla concerning Alex Rodriguez and his place in the batting order, of course A-Rod was scheduled to bat in the bottom of the 9th inning against Orioles closer Jim Johnson. Except Yankees manager Joe Girardi decided enough was enough, so he had Raul Ibanez pinch hit for A-Rod. And, of course, he promptly hit a solo home run to tie the game at 2-2. The game is now headed to extra innings.
A-Rod, for his part, did not look pleased. Team!
Just a week ago, Ibanez had the game-tying HR in the 9th inning as well as the walk off in the 12th against the Boston Red Sox. Maybe they should play him a bit more often.
And, to add a bit of irony, Ibanez becomes the first Yankee to hit a game-tying HR in the 9th since, yep, Alex Rodriguez in ’09.
- Bradley Climbs Pound For Pound Top 10
- Trent Richardson's Fantasy Football Production
- Top 10 Worst Decisions in MMA History
- Rios: My Punch Will Change Pacquiao's Mind