- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- Fantasy Hoops: Why Not Make The Bucks Your Main Squeeze This Week?
- ESPN To Combine All Non-Bullshit Entities Into New Unit Called 'Exit 31'
- Here's A Photo Of Tony Romo Rooting For Duke
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Raul Ibanez Pinch Hits For A-Rod In Bottom of 9th Inning, Hits Game-Tying Home Run (Video)
Welp. After so much hoopla concerning Alex Rodriguez and his place in the batting order, of course A-Rod was scheduled to bat in the bottom of the 9th inning against Orioles closer Jim Johnson. Except Yankees manager Joe Girardi decided enough was enough, so he had Raul Ibanez pinch hit for A-Rod. And, of course, he promptly hit a solo home run to tie the game at 2-2. The game is now headed to extra innings.
A-Rod, for his part, did not look pleased. Team!
Just a week ago, Ibanez had the game-tying HR in the 9th inning as well as the walk off in the 12th against the Boston Red Sox. Maybe they should play him a bit more often.
And, to add a bit of irony, Ibanez becomes the first Yankee to hit a game-tying HR in the 9th since, yep, Alex Rodriguez in ’09.
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- Tyson Fury Returns to the Ring
- Does Ruslan Provodnikov Strike Fear In Juan Manuel Marquez?