- 2014 World Series MVP Madison Bumgarner -- By the Numbers
- Gilbert Arenas Has Finally Sold His Shark Mansion, After Removing Sharks
- Mike Tyson Beats Mike Tyson In Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
- Survivor Pool Picks For Every Week 9 NFL Game
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Raul Ibanez Pinch Hits For A-Rod In Bottom of 9th Inning, Hits Game-Tying Home Run (Video)
Welp. After so much hoopla concerning Alex Rodriguez and his place in the batting order, of course A-Rod was scheduled to bat in the bottom of the 9th inning against Orioles closer Jim Johnson. Except Yankees manager Joe Girardi decided enough was enough, so he had Raul Ibanez pinch hit for A-Rod. And, of course, he promptly hit a solo home run to tie the game at 2-2. The game is now headed to extra innings.
A-Rod, for his part, did not look pleased. Team!
Just a week ago, Ibanez had the game-tying HR in the 9th inning as well as the walk off in the 12th against the Boston Red Sox. Maybe they should play him a bit more often.
And, to add a bit of irony, Ibanez becomes the first Yankee to hit a game-tying HR in the 9th since, yep, Alex Rodriguez in ’09.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts