- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- Snow Day! Highlights From Around Today's Frozen NFL Venues
- SportsGrid's "Off The Grid" Podcast: Collegehumor's Dave Rosenberg
- SLIDESHOW: American Soccer Star Sydney Leroux's 23 Sexiest Instagram Photos
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Rays Ball Boy Saves Bullpen From Certain Death, Receives Standing Ovation, Medal Of Honor*
Believe it or not, ball boys have a purpose beyond making everyone jealous. Much like the Moon to the Earth, major league ball boys serve as expendable buffers between errant baseballs and the expensive players that they idolize. They’re pretty much paid to take a bullet for these guys. That’s why last night in Tampa, the Rays right field ball boy (presumably named “Timmy” or “Jimmy”) went beyond the call of duty to save the innocent relief pitching staff, and did his best Evan Longoria impression. His reward: A standing ovation and post game interview.
Perhaps he was compensating for blowing this ground ball earlier in the game, which he miss-judged as it careened off the bullpen wall, consequently putting the team’s ankles in jeopardy.
- Shane Battier Discuses Future Female NBA Players
- Johnny Manziel's Tattoo with Drake
- Cotto Crushes Rodriguez In Three Rounds
- What Will The Bears Do Without Cutler?