- The LFL Continues Its Quest To Be The Favorite Sport Of Douchebags
- Three Bizarre Sports From The Commonwealth Games
- Judge Rules Against Donald Sterling, Allows Sale Of Clippers To Steve Ballmer
- Point-Counterpoint: David Ortiz's Showboating Bat Flip Vs. The Rays
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Rays Beat Red Sox On Walkoff Homer, And Apparently Some Boston Fan Took A Live Ray From The Fish Tank And Threw It [Update: No Rays Thrown]
Tampa Bay is still afloat in their series with Boston; one of the cownose rays in the fish tank beyond the center field wall at Tropicana Field, however, was not. According to some Twitter reports, at some point during the game a Red Sox fan removed one of the rays from the tank “and threw it.” Dude … WTF.
As if to dispense some cosmic justice, Tampa Bay then won the game with two out in the in the bottom of the ninth when Jose Lobaton hit a solo home run into the fish tank. The 5-4 win staved off elimination, and Tampa, down 2-1, meets Boston again on Tuesday at Tropicana.
Still looking for verification on the ray-tossing incident.
Per a friend at the game, a Red Sox fan was escorted from the stadium after taking a live Ray out of the tank and throwing it.
— Thomas Beisner (@thomasbeisner) October 8, 2013
Tampa Bay smacks a walk-off home run to win Game 3, and you know who’s not happy? THIS GUY: pic.twitter.com/Cl4L9S3dmq
— BuzzFeed Sports (@BuzzFeedSports) October 8, 2013
So you're telling me a Red Sox bro decided to throw a live sting ray from the tank and no one got video? Come on Tampa, be better.
— Paul Thomas (@PaulLeeThomas) October 8, 2013
Well, we know it wasn't Matt Joyce. RT @thomasbeisner Red Sox fan was escorted from the stadium after taking a live Ray out of the tank
— Joe Sheehan (@joe_sheehan) October 8, 2013
The live sting ray that caught that home run in the tank already has asked for $100,000 and an autographed bat from Lobaton.
— Peter Botte (@PeterBotte) October 8, 2013
If the Dodgers win the World Series at Tropicana Field they will celebrate in the tank of live Rays.
— Steve Rushin (@SteveRushin) October 8, 2013
[Update: The ray-throwing rumor was false. That's the Internet for you. We're just glad nobody or no animal was hurt in the making of this baseball game.]
- Filed Under:
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts