- Christiano Ronaldo Ejected, Crowd Throws Stuff
- Kate Upton Before She Became The Mega-Supermodel You Know And Love Today
- If You're Going To Post A Workout Video, Make Sure There Isn't A Guy Taking A Dump Visible In The Frame
- MMA In Pakistan? Watch This Awesome Documentary...
- The Most Feared Latina In Women's Football
Real Men Catch Fly Balls With A Single Bare Hand
In the bottom of the third inning, Washington Nationals’ right fielder Jayson Werth was settling under a Chase Utley jam shot fly ball with the sun impairing his vision. As the ball descended and he stuck his glove in the air, there was no permanent baseball-leather reunion. Instead, Werth’s technique-saavy right hand, which was just next to his glove, caught the ball. So, to recap, that would be a giant fly ball unintentionally caught by Werth’s gloveless right hand. A tip of the cap to you, sir.
It’s difficult to tell whether Werth catches the ricochet off his glove or simply snags the fly ball with his bare hand, but we’re leaning towards the latter (with a very slight ricochet) thanks to this convenient slow-mo GIF (via @dhm).
That’s why you use two hands, kids.
- 8 NBA Players Who Can Actually Rap
- Shocking Photos of WWE's New HUGE Wrestler
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- 75 Fittest Bodies in Sports