- Team USA Stares Blankly As New Zealand Team Performs Ceremonial Haka Dance
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Derek Carr Avenges His Brother's NFL Death By Replacing Matt Schaub As Raiders QB
- Calif. High School Dumps Arab Mascot 'The Arab' Amid Outcry
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Report: Ryan Braun Ready To Admit To PED Use, Apologize To Everyone In Sight
Fox Sports 1 should make this a weekly show. “PED Apology” with host Regis Philbin.
Ryan Braun has made a couple of roundabout, sort-of-admissions to PED use since his 65-game, June 22 suspension, but the Milwaukee Brewers’ third baseman hasn’t really come out and flatly apologized for it. Now that’s about to change, if this report from USA Today is accurate.
Braun, according to his friends, is ready to soon admit that he used performance-enhancing drugs in parts of the 2011 season, the reasons why he did it, and publicly apologize for the lies and deception.
His friends, who spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because Braun has yet to make the announcement, said he plans to apologize to everyone from Commissioner Bud Selig to urine collector Dino Laurenzi Jr. to his teammates and peers.
So we can expect the Alex Rodriguez Apology Special to occur sometime next year, then?
I’m not sure I’m interested in hearing this. It’s all following too closely to a well-worn pattern in pro sports: cheat with PEDs, get caught, deny everything, vehemently deny everything, get suspended, tearfully apologize.
Look, I’m not here to judge. Take all the steroids you want. Just don’t waste my time with all the attendant drama if you get caught.
- Filed Under:
- ryan braun
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen