- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 5 Waiver Wire Pickup Power Rankings
- Notre Dame-Syracuse Fans Brawl In Douchebag National Championship
- Will Ferrell, Chris Rock And Kevin Hart Wish Derek Jeter Farewell
- More FIFA 15 Glitches, Like The Nude Midfielder And Ball-Less Throw-In
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Report: The MLB Has ‘Hundreds’ Of Emails, Texts And Phone Records Tying A-Rod To Years Of PED Use
The MLB is effectively giving Alex Rodriguez a choice: a suspension that would last more than 200 games, or a lifetime ban from the sport. And they’ve reportedly got the evidence to back up such a penalty.
According to the New York Daily News, the league has “hundreds of emails, text messages and phone records that show Rodriguez engaged in performance-enhancing drug use in 2010, 2011 and 2012, and possibly longer, and that he and his representatives impeded Selig’s investigation.”
This evidence is apparently so damning that regardless of whether A-Rod accepts a deal or not, he will be tagged with the longest suspension for performance-enhancing drug use in MLB history, and soon. League officials are hoping that A-Rod will accept a deal today that suspends the slugger from now until the end of the 2014 season — which, if effective immediately, would mean a ban of 219 games. If A-Rod rejects the deal, the MLB will look to ban him for life.
The catch for A-Rod: By accepting a plea deal, he would likely retire and then enter into negotiations for recouping the remainder of the money left on his deal through 2017, which is worth around $60 million. If he rejects it and opts to fight a lifetime ban, he would have less recourse if he loses that arbitration battle.
No matter what, it appears that the final chapter of the Rodriguez-Yankees soap opera is about to be written. This sad saga can’t come to an end fast enough. Can we get back to talking about Yankees that are actually good at baseball now?
Photo via Getty
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts