- Amazingly, Sadly, Fat Lineman Is Now Even Fatter
- Ken Jeong Photobombed A Bunch Of 'Kate Upton Pretends To Be Boning/Giving Footjobs' Photoshoots
- Michelle Beadle Thinks Her Relationship With Erin Andrews Is Like Tiger Woods And Sergio Garcia's
- A Children's Treasury Of People Catching Foul Balls While Holding Babies
- Injured Steelers Tight End Heath Miller Is Improving, But Cautious
The Seattle Mariners Threw A Six-Pitcher No-Hitter Last Night
Seattle Mariners starting pitcher Kevin Millwood was throwing a no-hitter Friday night against the Los Angeles Dodgers through six innings, but a groin injury forced him to leave the game. Charle Furbush came in and pitched 0.2 innings of no-hit baseball. Stephen Pryor no-hit the Dodgers for 0.1 innings. Lucas Luetge took over in the top of the 8th and no-hit the only batter he faced. So did Brandon League, except he stymied two batters. Tom Wilhelmsen took over in the top of the 9th and got the nine-pitch, three up, three down save. Turns out that when you put them all together, it was a six-pitcher no-hitter. Jesus Montero was really excited.
Except he had no idea with whom to celebrate, so he jumped into the unsuspecting arms of Wilhelmsen, who begrudgingly indulged Montero’s childish glee.
Controversy erupted earlier in the 9th when the Dodgers’ Dee Gordon appeared to beat out a slow grounder to shortstop. Take a look for yourself:
But no, no asterisk from us. The SportsGrid Post-Dispatch editorial overlords decided against it.
- Guess Who's Dating Paulina Gretzky
- Which Super Star Athlete is Kissing Carmen Electra?
- Tiger Woods Plays House with Lindsay Vonn
- Shocking Photos of WWE's New HUGE Wrestler