MLB Sinking Giants Watched By Fan Atop Mast Of Sailboat
As you can hear, not even Giants’ broadcaster Duane Kuiper is too excited about this woman watching the Giants game from atop the mast of a sailboat on Sunday. And Kuiper gets excited about
It’s been that kind of season for San Francisco, who for some reason insist on winning the World Series only every other year.
Later, a dude
shimmied up to the crow’s nest to catch some of the craptacular game, won 2-1 by the Cubs. Following the game, the Giants talked about their upcoming trip to the White House.
It’s not like this hasn’t been done before. And under better circumstances.
This doesn’t even make the Top Ten Weird Things To Happen In McCovey Cove:
1. Since ancient man first took to the sea, the question has been asked: is there ever a bad time for pole dancing? The answer is no.
2. On June 14, 2012, the Giants' Matt Cain threw a perfect game. Some say that this guy, who buzzed the stadium with his water pressure jet pack that same day, was the good luck charm that made it happen.
3. My hovercraft is full of eels! Dude built this cool Back to the Future DeLorean hovercraft with funding from a Kickstarter campaign. First sighted in The Cove on Aug. 11, 2012.
4. Are these giant baseballs Japanese Tsunami debris? No, some sort of promotion. This was taken during the 2012 World Series, I'm guessing.
5. I first saw dudes playing pickup water polo matches in The Cove during the 2010 World Series. This photo is from 2011, when the Cal Alumni team played the SF Olympic Club in The Cove in a scheduled match.
6. "There's people smokin' weed!" Dallas TV sports anchor Newy Scruggs became famous when, during a remote at The Cove before Game 1 of the 2010 World Series, he spotted people smoking pot nearby. I guess that doesn't happen at Rangers' games.
7. When AT&T Park opened in 2000, the team's big idea was to have Portuguese Water Dogs shag home run balls in The Cove. For whatever reason -- insurance, sharks -- this was discontinued the following season.
8. 2010 World Series. Guy in bear suit. Or, hell, real bear ... I don't know.
9. Long live The Hot Dog Kayak, inspiration for new Giants' motto: 'One With Everything'.
10. Aubrey Huff rally thong in morning, sailors take warning.