- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Here's The Most Joyous Field Invasion You're Ever Likely To See (Video)
- Presenting The Portland Raiders: Everyone In The Black Hole Will Wear Flannel
- UPDATE: Ken Griffey Jr. Issues Apology After Awkward SportsCenter Interview
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Texas Rangers Release Manny Ramirez
Let it be known that Manny Ramirez’s last notable moment in baseball (probably) was this:
— Chris Almendarez (@ExpressChrisA) August 12, 2013
Yes, that happened. Berkman is at Triple-A Round Rock on a rehab assignment for the Rangers. He’s expected to rejoin the big club today or Wednesday.
Meanwhile, Manny is also packing. The Rangers released him earlier today.
Jon Daniels: "Based on our evaluation, there was not a spot on the club for Manny at this time." #Rangers
— Jeff Wilson (@JeffWilson_FWST) August 13, 2013
So the great Manny experiment is over, and this quite probably is the end of his career. Dallas Morning News:
It is doubtful there will be interest in Ramirez. A scout with an American League team who saw Ramirez about three weeks ago said he showed “no bat speed” and no power. With Round Rock, Ramirez hit .259 with three homers and only six extra-base hits overall in 108 at-bats. He had only two extra-base hits in his last 33 at-bats with Round Rock.
Although he was certainly controversial — including the fact that the following numbers are PED-tainted — it’s hard to ignore the overall weight of his accomplishments. Over 19 MLB seasons, Ramirez had 555 homers, 2,574 hits and 4,826 total bases.
But now he’s a relic — call him I guess a monument to the steroid era. When Manny shaved his head last month upon his arrival at Round Rock, we should have seen that as the sign it was over.
- Filed Under:
- manny ramirez
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Real Basketball Wives That Cheated On Their Ballers