- IS CLIFF LEE DONE?: MLB Trade Deadline Deals, Injuries, Tidbits And Trends
- Golfer Dustin Johnson Reportedly Suspended Six Months For Positive Cocaine Test
- Jonny Gomes' Last Words As A Member Of The Red Sox: 'Boston Strong'
- Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Upset Puts Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
That Package Of Weed That Was Mailed To Chris Perez’s House Was Addressed To His Dog
The notion that pot makes you mellow was pretty much disproven back in August when Indians closer Chris Perez cursed out this heckler. At least we know that now, in hindsight. Perez and his wife, Melanie, were charged with misdemeanor drug abuse after an undercover police officer delivered a package of marijuana addressed to Perez’s rental home. U.S. Postal Inspectors and police then searched the home, in Rockey River, Ohio, and the couple were charged.
According to the report, at around 12:30 p.m. Tuesday an undercover officer dressed as a postal carrier delivered the packages, addressed to Brody Baum at the Parklane address. Brody is the name of the Perez dog. Baum is Melanie Perez’s maiden name.
The undercover officer asked Melanie Perez if the packages were meant for that address and was told that they were for the dog, the report said.
Bad dog! No biscuit!
Police say they found “numerous drug paraphernalia and suspected marijuana” in the home, plus a metal marijuana grinder. The couple were released and a hearing is schedule for June 19.
“Clearly we take these matters seriously and are disappointed whenever there is any negative attention brought to the Indians organization or one of our players,” team General Manager Chris Antonetti said in a statement. “We understand and respect that there is an ongoing legal process that we will allow to evolve.”
And the Perez’s dog? Rock on.
- Buffalo Bills Sammy Watkins Stuns with His Impressive Abilities
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Mehmen Destroys Gracie in Epic KO