- Lionel Messi Meets Fan With GIGANTIC MESSI TATTOO ON HIS BACK
- Best Plays Of The Las Vegas Summer League Title Game
- Germany Celebrated World Cup Win By Whackin' It In Front Of Their Computers ... A Lot
- Chris Bosh Is Reportedly Selling His Ridiculous California Palace
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
The A-Rod Saga Continues As He Seeks Second Opinion Without Telling Yankees
Alex Rodriguez, the embattled New York Yankees third baseman, was set to return from a hip injury that has sidelined him for all of this season when an MRI showed a quad injury. His comeback came to a screeching halt and the team said that the Grade 1 strain would keep him from playing for another seven to ten days.
Normally, with any other player in any other organization, the story would stop there. The player would rest, test out the quad a week later, get a second MRI done to confirm it’s healed enough, and get back to baseball. But no, nothing is ever that easy when it involves Alex Rodriguez and the New York Yankees.
According to Joel Sherman of the New York Post, A-Rod has contacted Dr. Bryan Kelly — who performed his hip surgery — seeking a second opinion on the quad MRI. Second opinions are fairly common in sports injuries, but the problem is that Sherman asked Yankees general manager Brian Cashman if Rodriguez would seek a second opinion and was told that he would not.
Sherman’s source says that A-Rod didn’t think it was necessary to let the Yankees know since Kelly is not a team-employed doctor. Is it really possible that A-Rod is stupid enough to think that the team wouldn’t want to know that he’s seeking a second opinion? (Yes, it is.)
The disconnect between the Yankees organization and Alex Rodriguez grows bigger and bigger by the day. His inevitable steroid-related suspension already has the team pissed off enough, so you would think that Rodriguez might ease the tension by not doing anything else to anger management, but I guess that’s asking too much of him.
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Texans Draw Andre Johnson Trade Interest From Four Teams
- Ronda Rousey Ran Over Alexis Davis
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy