- WEEK 4 NFL POWER RANKINGS: Yo Guys, Come Check This Out We Have A New #1!
- Survivor Pool Picks For Week 4: Three Locks, Two Value Plays And One Shocker
- MLB Says They Will Speed Up Game, But We Don't Believe Them
- The Most Honest Thing Anyone From The NFL Has Said About The Ray Rice Scandal
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
The A-Rod Saga Continues As He Seeks Second Opinion Without Telling Yankees
Alex Rodriguez, the embattled New York Yankees third baseman, was set to return from a hip injury that has sidelined him for all of this season when an MRI showed a quad injury. His comeback came to a screeching halt and the team said that the Grade 1 strain would keep him from playing for another seven to ten days.
Normally, with any other player in any other organization, the story would stop there. The player would rest, test out the quad a week later, get a second MRI done to confirm it’s healed enough, and get back to baseball. But no, nothing is ever that easy when it involves Alex Rodriguez and the New York Yankees.
According to Joel Sherman of the New York Post, A-Rod has contacted Dr. Bryan Kelly — who performed his hip surgery — seeking a second opinion on the quad MRI. Second opinions are fairly common in sports injuries, but the problem is that Sherman asked Yankees general manager Brian Cashman if Rodriguez would seek a second opinion and was told that he would not.
Sherman’s source says that A-Rod didn’t think it was necessary to let the Yankees know since Kelly is not a team-employed doctor. Is it really possible that A-Rod is stupid enough to think that the team wouldn’t want to know that he’s seeking a second opinion? (Yes, it is.)
The disconnect between the Yankees organization and Alex Rodriguez grows bigger and bigger by the day. His inevitable steroid-related suspension already has the team pissed off enough, so you would think that Rodriguez might ease the tension by not doing anything else to anger management, but I guess that’s asking too much of him.
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- Catcher Struck by Jose Offerman Speaks Out After Settlement
- Top 10 Most Gruesome MMA Leg Injuries
- Alexander Gustafsson's Trainer: 'We Are Not Happy'