- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- What If The NFL's Best QBs Were Bald?
- SportsGrid's "Off The Grid" Podcast: Collegehumor's Dave Rosenberg
- SLIDESHOW: American Soccer Star Sydney Leroux's 23 Sexiest Instagram Photos
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
The Couple Who Douse Each Other With Beer In The Bleachers Together, Stay Together
No good deed goes unpunished, especially in the bleachers at a Cubs game. As you may have seen by now, a woman doused her husband with beer after he spilled beer on her while protecting her from a home run ball hit by Travis Wood.
Unlike the fake, staged dousing that a guy received from a woman at a Fresno Grizzlies game recently, this one was real, and it was spectacular. WGN-TV caught up with the woman, Ellen Shockley, afterwards. Chicago Tribune:
“If it was not my husband, I would not have done it,” Shockley said Monday after the video of the incident went viral.
Ellen and her husband, Tim, who met in the bleachers and have been married since 1992, were at Sunday’s Cubs-Mets game when Tim tried to reach over his head for Travis Wood’s two-run homer. While doing so, he accidentally spilled a little of his beer onto Ellen.
“My first reaction was ‘You (expletive), I’m soaking wet, so now you are going to be soaking wet, too,” she said. “But really, I would not have done that to a stranger if that happened. I might have jumped on him.”
The video made it on SportsCenter, Good Morning America and other shows. But it’s all fun and games until the blog commenters chime in.
But by mid-day, Tim began reading negative comments about Ellen’s act of retaliation on some blogs and Internet reports, which he felt crossed the line.
“They were saying things like she needed anger management, or that she was probably a Sox fan,” Tim said. “I think they were too hard on her. I thought it was funny. It’s not like she shot me. Not that I want to give her any ideas or anything.”
And really, if you don’t come home from a Cubs game laughing and soaked with beer, you’re doing it wrong.
Video: YouTube, WGN, Bleacher Report.
- Hopkins Boxes And Battles Murat To Unanimous Decision
- Best Japanese Knockout Artist Coming To UFC
- Manny Pacquiao Says He's Back
- Moment Of Truth Fight in the Philippines