- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- Fantasy Hoops: Why Not Make The Bucks Your Main Squeeze This Week?
- ESPN To Combine All Non-Bullshit Entities Into New Unit Called 'Exit 31'
- Here's A Photo Of Tony Romo Rooting For Duke
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
The Daily Yam: Alex Rios Goes 6-6 In Front Of The Most Checked Out Commentator/Crowd Of All Time
Welcome to The Daily Yam, bringing you Yesterday’s Awesome Moment, anything else you might have missed, and what to look forward to today. It’s your one-stop shop when you skipped last night’s action, or have forgotten what day it is. Yesterday, White Sox right fielder Alex Rios went 6-6 for a slow burning yam.
Your Daily Yam.
It’s too bad the White Sox were on the road, Detroit’s play-by-play announcer and crowd were incredibly disinterested in the game. Prince Fielder was just as checked out for the sixth hit, letting the ball hop right past him. Rios collected five singles and one triple in contest, which is exactly the type of line you would expect. Batters don’t go 6-6 trying to hit the long ball.
Six hits ties the AL record for most hits in a 9-inning game. It’s only the 32nd time this has ever happened in American League history. That’s way less frequent than a no-hitter, so you kids better appreciate his performance or I will turn this car around.
What Else Happened Last Night?
The USMNT walked all over Belize for a 6-1 victory in the Gold Cup. Striker Chris Wondolowski collected a hat trick with his name misspelled on his jersey.
What’s On Tap Today?
Pirates-Athletics should be a pretty good game at 7pm on ESPN.
It’s Wednesday, the hump on the camel that is your week.
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- Tyson Fury Returns to the Ring
- Does Ruslan Provodnikov Strike Fear In Juan Manuel Marquez?