- FANTASY FOOTBALL: NFL Week 9 Picks & Game Previews
- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
The Daily Yam: Alex Rios Goes 6-6 In Front Of The Most Checked Out Commentator/Crowd Of All Time
Welcome to The Daily Yam, bringing you Yesterday’s Awesome Moment, anything else you might have missed, and what to look forward to today. It’s your one-stop shop when you skipped last night’s action, or have forgotten what day it is. Yesterday, White Sox right fielder Alex Rios went 6-6 for a slow burning yam.
Your Daily Yam.
It’s too bad the White Sox were on the road, Detroit’s play-by-play announcer and crowd were incredibly disinterested in the game. Prince Fielder was just as checked out for the sixth hit, letting the ball hop right past him. Rios collected five singles and one triple in contest, which is exactly the type of line you would expect. Batters don’t go 6-6 trying to hit the long ball.
Six hits ties the AL record for most hits in a 9-inning game. It’s only the 32nd time this has ever happened in American League history. That’s way less frequent than a no-hitter, so you kids better appreciate his performance or I will turn this car around.
What Else Happened Last Night?
The USMNT walked all over Belize for a 6-1 victory in the Gold Cup. Striker Chris Wondolowski collected a hat trick with his name misspelled on his jersey.
What’s On Tap Today?
Pirates-Athletics should be a pretty good game at 7pm on ESPN.
It’s Wednesday, the hump on the camel that is your week.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts