- Team USA Stares Blankly As New Zealand Team Performs Ceremonial Haka Dance
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Derek Carr Avenges His Brother's NFL Death By Replacing Matt Schaub As Raiders QB
- Calif. High School Dumps Arab Mascot 'The Arab' Amid Outcry
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
The Daily Yam: Freddie Freeman Plays ‘Foul Territory In Right Field’ Along With ‘First Base’
Welcome to The Daily Yam, bringing you Yesterday’s Awesome Moment, anything else you might have missed, and what to look forward to today. It’s your one-stop shop when you skipped last night’s action, or have forgotten what day it is. Last night, Freddie Freeman proved he’s more than just an alliterative name by making a fantastic over-the-shoulder catch in foul territory.
Your Daily Yam.
If Freeman hadn’t been able to make this catch, nobody would have blamed him. It was basically in right field by the time it landed. Thankfully for the Braves — who had already ceded a run to the Royals in the inning — Freeman was there to snag it.
The Braves lost in 10 innings anyway. Womp womp.
What Else Happened Last Night?
The Rangers battered the Yankees 8-5; the Pirates won again despite 11 strikeouts from King Felix, 4-2; the Indians rallied past the Orioles in the 9th to win 4-3.
What’s On Tap Today?
Wimbledon second round action all day on ESPN 2; the NBA Draft (live from Brooklyn) starts at 7 p.m. ET.
It’s Thursday. Take it sleazy.
- Steve Largent Shares Details of Letting Jerry Rice Wear No. 80
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Top 10: The Best Title Fights