- Keith Olbermann Went Nuts Over The Ray Rice Suspension
- James Harden Says Truthful Thing, Everyone Gets Mad
- 6 Most Hated Owners That Were Once Beloved
- Tour de France Riders Gloriously Mooned During Stage 17
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
The Daily Yam: Garrett Jones Became The First (Pittsburgh) Pirate To Homer Right Into The Allegheny River
Welcome to The Daily Yam, bringing you Yesterday’s Awesome Moment, anything else you might have missed, and what to look forward to today. It’s your one-stop shop when you skipped last night’s action, or have forgotten what day it is. Yesterday, Garrett Jones became only the second player in PNC Park history to drive a ball right into the Allegheny River on the fly.
Your Daily Yam.
Four hundred and sixty-three feet sounds like a long way to hit a baseball. It’s easier to visualize this way, however: Imagine you’re standing at home plate at PNC Park in Pittsburgh, and you send a ball so far it lands in a river outside the stadium. Let Garrett Jones demonstrate:
Did you see the biker almost get hit? That ball lands a few feet shorter and the biker is the one ending up in the drink. Aren’t you glad Jones is so strong? The Pirates went on to win in 11 innings.
What Else Happened Last Night?
The Blackhawks beat the Kings again to go up 2-0; the Red Sox beat the Yankees in six rain-shortened innings; the Rays breezed past the Indians 11-3.
What’s On Tap Today?
Game 7, Heat-Pacers at 8:30 p.m. ET, for all the (Eastern) marbles.
It’s Monday. Good luck this week.
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Mehmen Destroys Gracie in Epic KO
- Maidana Celebrates B-day by Taunting Mayweather