- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- The Good, The Bad, And The Unsettling About Kevin Love's Role On The New-Look Cavs
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
The Daily Yam: Homer Bailey Threw Another No-Hitter — Here’s The Final Out
Welcome to The Daily Yam, bringing you Yesterday’s Awesome Moment, anything else you might have missed, and what to look forward to today. It’s your one-stop shop when you skipped last night’s action, or have forgotten what day it is. Last night, Homer Bailey threw his second no-hitter in 10 months, proving definitively that people with the name “Homer” can be good at pitching.
Your Daily Yam.
Throwing one no-hitter is an extraordinary feat — two is rarefied air. Bailey is just the 31st pitcher in MLB history to pitch multiple no-hitters, and is the third Red to do so. While we wish we could post the entire game here (or maybe just the part where the Giants were “batting,” if you want to call it that), you’ll have to settle for the final out and celebration:
Love the two-handed low-five for the little guy right before the Gatorade bath. Bailey may still be our second favorite Homer of all time, but he’s closing the gap. Also, his post-game interview skills are top-notch.
What Else Happened Last Night?
Yanks over Twins 7-3; Phillies over Pirates 3-1; Angels over Cardinals (in Albert Pujols’ first game ever against the Cards) 5-1.
What’s On Tap Today?
Men’s quarterfinals action at Wimbledon on ESPN and ESPN2.
It’s Wednesday. Enjoy.
- Filed Under:
- Homer Bailey
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts