- The NFL Will Never Solve Its Concussion Problem
- Will Ferrell Just Yells At Derek Jeter For An Entire Four Minutes
- 10 More Reasons You Should Try The Diet LeBron James Used To Lose Weight
- Week 5 Survivor Pool: 3 Locks, 2 Values And An Upset Special
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
The Daily Yam: Jason Heyward Ruined The Mets Comeback With A Game-Saving Grab
Welcome to The Daily Yam, bringing you Yesterday’s Awesome Moment, anything else you might have missed, and what to look forward to today. It’s your one-stop shop when you skipped last night’s action, or have forgotten what day it is. Last night, Jason Heyward was playing center field for only the fifth time this season, but handled this near-gapper like an old pro. The Mets were sad.
Your Daily Yam.
After posting two runs in the top of the 9th, the Braves just had to hold on to their one-run lead to close out the Mets in Queens. That turned into a much tougher order than expected — the Mets put two on with two out, and pinch hitter Justin Turner smacked what looked to be a hit into the left-center gap. Enter Heyward:
The Mets lost? Shocker.
What Else Happened Last Night?
The Yankees got blanked by Yu Darvish and the Rangers, losing 3-0; Matt Scherzer got his 14th win, this one over the White Sox; the Reds smacked the Giants 11-0.
What’s On Tap Today?
Every single MLB team is in action — Red Sox-Rays at 7:10 p.m. ET is probably your best bet for a good game.
It’s Tuesday. Ryan Braun is still a liar today.
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'