- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
- How Early Can You Draft The Legion Of Boom This Year?
- Kirk Minihane Doubles Down On Being An Asshole To Erin Andrews In On-Air Pseudo-Apology
- Niners Fan Eats It After Getting Juked By Seahawks Mascot
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
The Daily Yam: Jason Heyward Ruined The Mets Comeback With A Game-Saving Grab
Welcome to The Daily Yam, bringing you Yesterday’s Awesome Moment, anything else you might have missed, and what to look forward to today. It’s your one-stop shop when you skipped last night’s action, or have forgotten what day it is. Last night, Jason Heyward was playing center field for only the fifth time this season, but handled this near-gapper like an old pro. The Mets were sad.
Your Daily Yam.
After posting two runs in the top of the 9th, the Braves just had to hold on to their one-run lead to close out the Mets in Queens. That turned into a much tougher order than expected — the Mets put two on with two out, and pinch hitter Justin Turner smacked what looked to be a hit into the left-center gap. Enter Heyward:
The Mets lost? Shocker.
What Else Happened Last Night?
The Yankees got blanked by Yu Darvish and the Rangers, losing 3-0; Matt Scherzer got his 14th win, this one over the White Sox; the Reds smacked the Giants 11-0.
What’s On Tap Today?
Every single MLB team is in action — Red Sox-Rays at 7:10 p.m. ET is probably your best bet for a good game.
It’s Tuesday. Ryan Braun is still a liar today.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts