- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
The Daily Yam: Jason Heyward Ruined The Mets Comeback With A Game-Saving Grab
Welcome to The Daily Yam, bringing you Yesterday’s Awesome Moment, anything else you might have missed, and what to look forward to today. It’s your one-stop shop when you skipped last night’s action, or have forgotten what day it is. Last night, Jason Heyward was playing center field for only the fifth time this season, but handled this near-gapper like an old pro. The Mets were sad.
Your Daily Yam.
After posting two runs in the top of the 9th, the Braves just had to hold on to their one-run lead to close out the Mets in Queens. That turned into a much tougher order than expected — the Mets put two on with two out, and pinch hitter Justin Turner smacked what looked to be a hit into the left-center gap. Enter Heyward:
The Mets lost? Shocker.
What Else Happened Last Night?
The Yankees got blanked by Yu Darvish and the Rangers, losing 3-0; Matt Scherzer got his 14th win, this one over the White Sox; the Reds smacked the Giants 11-0.
What’s On Tap Today?
Every single MLB team is in action — Red Sox-Rays at 7:10 p.m. ET is probably your best bet for a good game.
It’s Tuesday. Ryan Braun is still a liar today.
- 25 Sexy WWE Diva Images You Need To See Before You Die
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- How To Execute The Perfect Uppercut
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World