- The Vikings Are The Most Dysfunctional NFL Franchise Of This Century
- SNY Host Blasts Jeter As A Clown Fraud For Doing Gatorade Commercial
- ESPN: Ray Rice Scandal Was A Case Of "Misdirection" And "Scant Investigation"
- We Thought Ticketmaster Was Screwing Us, But Now We Know It
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
The Daily Yam: Mariano Rivera Got A Standing Ovation From Everybody In Queens Last Night
Welcome to The Daily Yam, bringing you Yesterday’s Awesome Moment, anything else you might have missed, and what to look forward to today. It’s your one-stop shop when you skipped last night’s action, or have forgotten what day it is. Last night, in the 8th inning of the All-Star Game, Mariano Rivera was the man, and everybody knew it.
Your Daily Yam.
It was an inning earlier than is his custom, but the most unusual part of the Sandman’s entrance into last night’s All-Star Game was the empty he field he encountered. Both teams had cleared the diamond for his arrival, in order to give the greatest relief pitcher ever his just due:
At the 1:37 mark, when it looks like he might cry? My heart melted.
Also (h/t @MarlyFaherty):
What Else Happened Last Night?
The USMNT beat Costa Rica 1-0 in their Gold Cup match. Cuba beat Belize, 4-0, if you were wondering.
What’s On Tap Today?
Well, the ESPYs are on at 9 p.m. ET. That’s something.
It’s Wednesday. Sit back, close your eyes, and think about Mariano Rivera.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts