- All Is Well With The Patriots Defense, But Their Offense...
- MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Goes Off On NFL, Adrian Peterson
- NFLPA Files Appeal Of Ray Rice's Indefinite Suspension
- Bryan Cranston Is 'Baseball'
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
The Daily Yam: Of Course The Astros Would Win A Game On A Walk-Off Error
Welcome to The Daily Yam, bringing you Yesterday’s Awesome Moment, anything else you might have missed, and what to look forward to today. It’s your one-stop shop when you skipped last night’s action, or have forgotten what day it is. Last night, the Astros capped a three-run ninth inning with a walk-off… capitalization on an error? Yeah, it was weird.
Your Daily Yam.
It’s been a rough season for the Houston Astros (34-65). The only thing of relative interest for them lately was calling up speedy shortstop Jonathan Villar a few days ago. That turned out to be a good move, as the rookie turned a passed ball and subsequent error into the winning run for his team (video via MLB.com):
The fact that the Astros were even in a position to win against a decent team like Oakland says… something. Probably nothing of note, however.
What Else Happened Last Night?
The Yankees also staged a 9th inning comeback to top the Rangers 5-4; the Pirates handled the Nats 5-1; the Red Sox and Jon Lester dominated the Rays 6-2.
What’s On Tap Today?
A couple of Gold Cup matches at the beautifully tended Cowboys Stadium: USMNT v. Honduras at 7 p.m. ET and Panama v. Mexico at 10 p.m. ET.
It’s Wednesday. Do it to it.
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Christy Mack Releases Horrific War Machine Beating Photos
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World