- Hot Reporter Is Fed Up With Cyclists Videobombing Her Live Segments
- Get Ready For A Kevin Love Trade To The Cavaliers... In 24 Days
- 5 Places To Track MLB Trade Deadline
- Bridgeport Bluefish Fans Nix Plans For Jersey With Nipples
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
The Daily Yam: Of Course The Astros Would Win A Game On A Walk-Off Error
Welcome to The Daily Yam, bringing you Yesterday’s Awesome Moment, anything else you might have missed, and what to look forward to today. It’s your one-stop shop when you skipped last night’s action, or have forgotten what day it is. Last night, the Astros capped a three-run ninth inning with a walk-off… capitalization on an error? Yeah, it was weird.
Your Daily Yam.
It’s been a rough season for the Houston Astros (34-65). The only thing of relative interest for them lately was calling up speedy shortstop Jonathan Villar a few days ago. That turned out to be a good move, as the rookie turned a passed ball and subsequent error into the winning run for his team (video via MLB.com):
The fact that the Astros were even in a position to win against a decent team like Oakland says… something. Probably nothing of note, however.
What Else Happened Last Night?
The Yankees also staged a 9th inning comeback to top the Rangers 5-4; the Pirates handled the Nats 5-1; the Red Sox and Jon Lester dominated the Rays 6-2.
What’s On Tap Today?
A couple of Gold Cup matches at the beautifully tended Cowboys Stadium: USMNT v. Honduras at 7 p.m. ET and Panama v. Mexico at 10 p.m. ET.
It’s Wednesday. Do it to it.
- Brett Favre Shows Off His Bulging Muscles
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?