- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Way Too Early Top 10 Starting Pitchers for 2015 Fantasy Baseball
- Grading ESPN's 4 Worst Fantasy Projections For Week 9
- Jerry Jones Is Going To Get Tony Romo Killed
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
The Daily Yam: Of Course The Astros Would Win A Game On A Walk-Off Error
Welcome to The Daily Yam, bringing you Yesterday’s Awesome Moment, anything else you might have missed, and what to look forward to today. It’s your one-stop shop when you skipped last night’s action, or have forgotten what day it is. Last night, the Astros capped a three-run ninth inning with a walk-off… capitalization on an error? Yeah, it was weird.
Your Daily Yam.
It’s been a rough season for the Houston Astros (34-65). The only thing of relative interest for them lately was calling up speedy shortstop Jonathan Villar a few days ago. That turned out to be a good move, as the rookie turned a passed ball and subsequent error into the winning run for his team (video via MLB.com):
The fact that the Astros were even in a position to win against a decent team like Oakland says… something. Probably nothing of note, however.
What Else Happened Last Night?
The Yankees also staged a 9th inning comeback to top the Rangers 5-4; the Pirates handled the Nats 5-1; the Red Sox and Jon Lester dominated the Rays 6-2.
What’s On Tap Today?
A couple of Gold Cup matches at the beautifully tended Cowboys Stadium: USMNT v. Honduras at 7 p.m. ET and Panama v. Mexico at 10 p.m. ET.
It’s Wednesday. Do it to it.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts