- Utah Quarterback Travis Wilson Gets Wrecked Mid-Air And Lands On Head
- NFL Viewing Maps: Broncos At Seahawks, Plus Everything Else
- Lazy Texas A&M Collie Saved From Trampling By Heroic Cadet (Video)
- This One Play Sums Up All Of Saturday's College Football Match-Ups
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
The Daily Yam: You Should Probably Defend Andre Iguodala, Lest He Dunk On Your Face
Welcome to The Daily Yam, bringing you the top play from the night before, anything else you might have missed, and what to look forward to today. It’s your one-stop shop when you skipped last night’s action, or have forgotten what day it is. Last night, among a bevy of great plays, Andre Iguodala driving the lane and posterizing Festus Ezeli rose to the top.
Your Daily Yam
This was the most difficult decision for the Daily Yam since its inception. Do we go with the popular pick, Harrison’s Barnes’ reverse slam (which is popular for a reason — it’s awesome)? Carmelo Anthony getting the step on Kevin Garnett? Dwanyne Wade’s putback? J.R. Smith’s long-range heave?
In the end, there can only be one Daily Yam. And Andre Iguodala’s dunk on Ezeli is the quintessential, textbook yam. It’s ferocious. It’s nasty. It’s straight in somebody’s grill. It meant a lot, at the time. It’s not a hammer — it’s a yammer.
“At the time,” meaning, before the Warriors took control and ran away with Game 2, 131-117.
What Else Happened Last Night
The East’s top two seeds took care of business at home as the Heat and Knicks dominated the Bucks and Celtics, respectively; Ichiro Suzuki came through in the clutch and helped the Yankees rally past the Rays in the 9th, 4-3; the A’s rolled over the Red Sox 13-0 in 7 innings — God mercy-ruled the game with a rainout; Justin Upton continued terrorizing the league with two homers; the Blues beat the Avalanche 3-1 and clinched a playoff berth.
What’s On Tap Today?
NBA playoffs: Rockets-Thunder at 7 p.m. ET, Hawks-Pacers at 7:30 p.m. ET, Lakers-Spurs at 9:30 p.m. ET; Real Madrid takes on Dortmund in the Champions League semi-final at 2:45 p.m. ET.
It’s Wednesday. We’re half way there.
- 10 Sexiest Female Tennis Players Ever
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?