- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Is Rubbing Your Butt
- Baron Davis's Comeback: Part 3
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
The Daily Yam: You Should Probably Defend Andre Iguodala, Lest He Dunk On Your Face
Welcome to The Daily Yam, bringing you the top play from the night before, anything else you might have missed, and what to look forward to today. It’s your one-stop shop when you skipped last night’s action, or have forgotten what day it is. Last night, among a bevy of great plays, Andre Iguodala driving the lane and posterizing Festus Ezeli rose to the top.
Your Daily Yam
This was the most difficult decision for the Daily Yam since its inception. Do we go with the popular pick, Harrison’s Barnes’ reverse slam (which is popular for a reason — it’s awesome)? Carmelo Anthony getting the step on Kevin Garnett? Dwanyne Wade’s putback? J.R. Smith’s long-range heave?
In the end, there can only be one Daily Yam. And Andre Iguodala’s dunk on Ezeli is the quintessential, textbook yam. It’s ferocious. It’s nasty. It’s straight in somebody’s grill. It meant a lot, at the time. It’s not a hammer — it’s a yammer.
“At the time,” meaning, before the Warriors took control and ran away with Game 2, 131-117.
What Else Happened Last Night
The East’s top two seeds took care of business at home as the Heat and Knicks dominated the Bucks and Celtics, respectively; Ichiro Suzuki came through in the clutch and helped the Yankees rally past the Rays in the 9th, 4-3; the A’s rolled over the Red Sox 13-0 in 7 innings — God mercy-ruled the game with a rainout; Justin Upton continued terrorizing the league with two homers; the Blues beat the Avalanche 3-1 and clinched a playoff berth.
What’s On Tap Today?
NBA playoffs: Rockets-Thunder at 7 p.m. ET, Hawks-Pacers at 7:30 p.m. ET, Lakers-Spurs at 9:30 p.m. ET; Real Madrid takes on Dortmund in the Champions League semi-final at 2:45 p.m. ET.
It’s Wednesday. We’re half way there.
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- Dez Bryant Releases Shocking Statement