- The 10 Wackest Sports-Related Moves Of 2013
- It Sounds Like Both RGIII And Mike Shanahan Are Done For The Season [UPDATED]
- This New Billiards Game For PS4 Looks Terrifyingly Real
- College Basketball Top 25: A Lot Of Good Teams Got Dunked On Last Week
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
The Daily Yam: You Should Probably Defend Andre Iguodala, Lest He Dunk On Your Face
Welcome to The Daily Yam, bringing you the top play from the night before, anything else you might have missed, and what to look forward to today. It’s your one-stop shop when you skipped last night’s action, or have forgotten what day it is. Last night, among a bevy of great plays, Andre Iguodala driving the lane and posterizing Festus Ezeli rose to the top.
Your Daily Yam
This was the most difficult decision for the Daily Yam since its inception. Do we go with the popular pick, Harrison’s Barnes’ reverse slam (which is popular for a reason — it’s awesome)? Carmelo Anthony getting the step on Kevin Garnett? Dwanyne Wade’s putback? J.R. Smith’s long-range heave?
In the end, there can only be one Daily Yam. And Andre Iguodala’s dunk on Ezeli is the quintessential, textbook yam. It’s ferocious. It’s nasty. It’s straight in somebody’s grill. It meant a lot, at the time. It’s not a hammer — it’s a yammer.
“At the time,” meaning, before the Warriors took control and ran away with Game 2, 131-117.
What Else Happened Last Night
The East’s top two seeds took care of business at home as the Heat and Knicks dominated the Bucks and Celtics, respectively; Ichiro Suzuki came through in the clutch and helped the Yankees rally past the Rays in the 9th, 4-3; the A’s rolled over the Red Sox 13-0 in 7 innings — God mercy-ruled the game with a rainout; Justin Upton continued terrorizing the league with two homers; the Blues beat the Avalanche 3-1 and clinched a playoff berth.
What’s On Tap Today?
NBA playoffs: Rockets-Thunder at 7 p.m. ET, Hawks-Pacers at 7:30 p.m. ET, Lakers-Spurs at 9:30 p.m. ET; Real Madrid takes on Dortmund in the Champions League semi-final at 2:45 p.m. ET.
It’s Wednesday. We’re half way there.
- Trent Richardson's Fantasy Football Production
- NBA's Best Friends Reunited in Philly
- Fantasy Football Rankings: TE - Week 14
- Tiger Woods Plays House with Lindsay Vonn