- IS CLIFF LEE DONE?: MLB Trade Deadline Deals, Injuries, Tidbits And Trends
- Golfer Dustin Johnson Suspended Six Months For Positive Cocaine Test
- Jonny Gomes' Last Words As A Member Of The Red Sox: 'Boston Strong'
- Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Upset Puts Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Pretty Sure The Tigers Hate Max Scherzer Now
Right before the MLB season started (today is Opening Day!), AL Cy Young winner Max Scherzer and his team, the Detroit Tigers, had something of a falling out over a failed contract extension. Tigers management put Scherzer on blast after he turned down a 6-year, $144 million contract, an awkward misstep that will likely lead to Scherzer becoming a free agent after this season.
The two sides have reportedly made up, but based on the enormous, frightening bobblehead of Scherzer outside of Comerica Park today (they’re also giving out small versions to fans), it’s fair to assume that the franchise is trying to turn their star pitcher into nightmare fuel for their fans, making it easier for them to lose him this offseason:
— Tom Leyden (@TomLeyden) March 31, 2014
— Detroit Athletic (@detroitathletic) March 31, 2014
That dual-eye-color look is particularly scary when blown up to epic proportions.
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen
- Soccer Kick and Knee Combo is KO of the Week
- Buffalo Bills Sammy Watkins Stuns with His Impressive Abilities