- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- Meet The World's Most Moronic Douche Bro: This UC Santa Barbara Fan
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
The Trailer For The Jackie Robinson Movie “42″ Is Here, And It’s Epic (Video)
So maybe it’s just the epic orchestral score that sends chills down your spine, but we’re excited anyway. Harrison Ford will plays Branch Rickey, the man who signed Jackie Robinson to a minor league contract that eventually paved the way for him to break the color barrier in Major League Baseball, and Robinson’s character is played by Chadwick Boseman.
The movie is written and directed by Brian Helgeland, and set to release just before the start of the 2013 baseball season. Other characters include: Robinson’s wife played by Nicole Beharie, racist Phillies’ manager Ben Chapman played by Alan Tudyk, Pee Wee Reese played by Lucas Black, infielder Leo Durocher played by Christopher Meloni, traveling secretary Harold Parrott played by T.R. Knight , journalist Red Barber played by John C. McGinley and right-fielder Fred “Dixie” Walker played by Ryan Merriman.
This story has been portrayed in film once before, with Robinson playing himself in the 1950 movie “The Jackie Robinson Story,” and it was pretty well received by critics. This one, though, based on early impressions, seems set to break the bank at the box office.
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager
- Real Basketball Wives That Cheated On Their Ballers