- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
The Trailer For The Jackie Robinson Movie “42″ Is Here, And It’s Epic (Video)
So maybe it’s just the epic orchestral score that sends chills down your spine, but we’re excited anyway. Harrison Ford will plays Branch Rickey, the man who signed Jackie Robinson to a minor league contract that eventually paved the way for him to break the color barrier in Major League Baseball, and Robinson’s character is played by Chadwick Boseman.
The movie is written and directed by Brian Helgeland, and set to release just before the start of the 2013 baseball season. Other characters include: Robinson’s wife played by Nicole Beharie, racist Phillies’ manager Ben Chapman played by Alan Tudyk, Pee Wee Reese played by Lucas Black, infielder Leo Durocher played by Christopher Meloni, traveling secretary Harold Parrott played by T.R. Knight , journalist Red Barber played by John C. McGinley and right-fielder Fred “Dixie” Walker played by Ryan Merriman.
This story has been portrayed in film once before, with Robinson playing himself in the 1950 movie “The Jackie Robinson Story,” and it was pretty well received by critics. This one, though, based on early impressions, seems set to break the bank at the box office.
- 10 Of The Most Gorgeous Women In Sports Today
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce