- Christiano Ronaldo Ejected, Crowd Throws Stuff
- Kate Upton Before She Became The Mega-Supermodel You Know And Love Today
- If You're Going To Post A Workout Video, Make Sure There Isn't A Guy Taking A Dump Visible In The Frame
- MMA In Pakistan? Watch This Awesome Documentary...
- The Most Feared Latina In Women's Football
These Two Baseball Teams Were Brawling…Until They Weren’t
Here’s your typical baseball fight:
1) Player makes slightly egregious etiquette violation.
2) Both teams leave their benches and engage in some lackluster pushing and shoving to keep up appearances.
3) A few players continue to actually fight while everyone stands around.
On Saturday night, the Mississippi Braves were closing in on a victory against the Mobile BayBears in a Double-A Southern League game when chaos ensued. With two outs in the ninth, Mississippi pitcher Michael Tarsi was covering home on a wild pitch when Mobile’s Rossmel Perez slid into the plate. But the throw was never made, and Perez took out Tarsi pretty viciously. Tarsi got up and immediately attacked Perez, and then the benches got involved and the brawl began.
The fight was atypical for baseball, with actual violence and actual anger. But then, presto: no fight. Everyone just stopped cold, stood around and waited for the umps to hand out some directions, like nothing ever happened.
If you listen very closely to the video, you can hear David Stern mumbling something about Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson.
- Johnny Manziel's Girlfriend Big Hit on Internet
- Alana Blanchard: The Hottest Sufer in the World
- The 20 Biggest Blowouts in Sports History
- Tachi Palace Fights To Return In August