- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Colbert Interviewed John Calipari Amidst A Show About Cockfighting
- Today In Bolivian Soccer ... A G-G-G-G-Ghost?! (VIDEO)
- The NCAA's Talking Bench Sounds Like A Prison Inmate On The Prowl
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Things You Never Thought You’d See: Jim Leyland Dancing
Dancing and tears from Jim Leyland in the same day? Is this real life? The Tigers clinched their third straight division title on Wednesday, which means that Leyland must dance!
I have to say this took me aback: it’s kind of like seeing your father cry for the first time, or a dog driving a car. Then, the stoic Detroit skipper teared up during an interview.
“We talked in spring training. This was a tough year for the guys because the expectations were so high and it was almost like we were set up to fail. And from Day 1 of spring training I told them …” Leyland had been talking for 13 seconds and he started to choke up and he struggled to continue. “… don’t get caught up in the expectations. Get caught up in how we’re going to live up to those expectations. And I think that’s what they’ve done.”
- Filed Under:
- Detroit Tigers
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story