- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Things You Never Thought You’d See: Jim Leyland Dancing
Dancing and tears from Jim Leyland in the same day? Is this real life? The Tigers clinched their third straight division title on Wednesday, which means that Leyland must dance!
I have to say this took me aback: it’s kind of like seeing your father cry for the first time, or a dog driving a car. Then, the stoic Detroit skipper teared up during an interview.
“We talked in spring training. This was a tough year for the guys because the expectations were so high and it was almost like we were set up to fail. And from Day 1 of spring training I told them …” Leyland had been talking for 13 seconds and he started to choke up and he struggled to continue. “… don’t get caught up in the expectations. Get caught up in how we’re going to live up to those expectations. And I think that’s what they’ve done.”
- Filed Under:
- Detroit Tigers
- Why Is The Featherweight Division In Trouble?
- Carmelo Anthony Is 'Magnetic,' According To His Shirt
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs