- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- How The World Series Could Be Decided By The Right Field Wall At AT&T Park
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Tim Hudson Carted Off Field After Gnarly Ankle Injury That You’re Not Going To Want To Watch (With Update)
Tim Hudson was carted off the field in the eighth inning tonight with what we’re assuming is a broken ankle — how could it not be? — during the Braves’ game with the Mets. Hudson had been working on a shutout when the injury occurred, with two outs, as he covered first on Eric Young’s grounder.
UPDATE: MLB just announced that Hudson sustained a fractured right ankle, and will have surgery in Atlanta when swelling goes down.
Young — who appeared to be in tears as trainers worked on Hudson on the field — stepped directly on Hudson’s ankle as the two stepped on first base.
As one fan said on Twitter, “I’m just glad he’s not dead.”
Tim Hudson gave the crowd a quick smile while being rolled off on the stretcher http://t.co/mG8FwNCuOj
— CJ Fogler (@cjzero) July 25, 2013
Very difficult for anyone who knows Tim Hudson to see this injury. Awful development for him & the Braves.
— Jayson Stark (@jaysonst) July 25, 2013
Here’s an animated GIF of the injury, if you’re inclined to see it over and over.
In 20 starts coming into Wednesday, Hudson had gone 7-7 with a 4.08 ERA and 1.21 WHIP in 123 2/3 innings. He held the Mets to two runs on four hits in 7 2/3 innings before the injury.
I know I've told y'all before, but #TimHudson is my hero. Eric Young Jr. is a class act, too. Tough injury to see.
— Jason Isbell (@JasonIsbell) July 25, 2013
#Braves announce Tim Hudson sustained fractured right ankle, will have surgery in Atlanta when swelling goes down.
— MLB (@MLB) July 25, 2013
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts