- Your 'Sharknado 2' Roundup Post, With Link To Live Streaming, Updates, And The Best 'Sharknado 2' Tweets
- Football In San Antonio? Raiders Meet With City Officials, Eyeing A Move To Lone Star State
- Shocking Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Put Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Fun With Baseball-Reference: These Dudes Actually Existed And Went By These Ridiculous Names
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Tim Hudson Carted Off Field After Gnarly Ankle Injury That You’re Not Going To Want To Watch (With Update)
Tim Hudson was carted off the field in the eighth inning tonight with what we’re assuming is a broken ankle — how could it not be? — during the Braves’ game with the Mets. Hudson had been working on a shutout when the injury occurred, with two outs, as he covered first on Eric Young’s grounder.
UPDATE: MLB just announced that Hudson sustained a fractured right ankle, and will have surgery in Atlanta when swelling goes down.
Young — who appeared to be in tears as trainers worked on Hudson on the field — stepped directly on Hudson’s ankle as the two stepped on first base.
As one fan said on Twitter, “I’m just glad he’s not dead.”
Tim Hudson gave the crowd a quick smile while being rolled off on the stretcher http://t.co/mG8FwNCuOj
— CJ Fogler (@cjzero) July 25, 2013
Very difficult for anyone who knows Tim Hudson to see this injury. Awful development for him & the Braves.
— Jayson Stark (@jaysonst) July 25, 2013
Here’s an animated GIF of the injury, if you’re inclined to see it over and over.
In 20 starts coming into Wednesday, Hudson had gone 7-7 with a 4.08 ERA and 1.21 WHIP in 123 2/3 innings. He held the Mets to two runs on four hits in 7 2/3 innings before the injury.
I know I've told y'all before, but #TimHudson is my hero. Eric Young Jr. is a class act, too. Tough injury to see.
— Jason Isbell (@JasonIsbell) July 25, 2013
#Braves announce Tim Hudson sustained fractured right ankle, will have surgery in Atlanta when swelling goes down.
— MLB (@MLB) July 25, 2013
- Steve Largent Shares Details of Letting Jerry Rice Wear No. 80
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'