- Colbert Addresses Sean Hannity's Belt Whipping Adrian Peterson Defense
- Howard Stern Dude Interrupts Goodell Press Conference: 'Don't Take Me To An Elevator!'
- SNY Host Blasts Jeter As A Clown Fraud For Doing Gatorade Commercial
- The Best Running Backs To Snag Off The Waiver Wire This Week
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Tim Hudson Carted Off Field After Gnarly Ankle Injury That You’re Not Going To Want To Watch (With Update)
Tim Hudson was carted off the field in the eighth inning tonight with what we’re assuming is a broken ankle — how could it not be? — during the Braves’ game with the Mets. Hudson had been working on a shutout when the injury occurred, with two outs, as he covered first on Eric Young’s grounder.
UPDATE: MLB just announced that Hudson sustained a fractured right ankle, and will have surgery in Atlanta when swelling goes down.
Young — who appeared to be in tears as trainers worked on Hudson on the field — stepped directly on Hudson’s ankle as the two stepped on first base.
As one fan said on Twitter, “I’m just glad he’s not dead.”
Tim Hudson gave the crowd a quick smile while being rolled off on the stretcher http://t.co/mG8FwNCuOj
— CJ Fogler (@cjzero) July 25, 2013
Very difficult for anyone who knows Tim Hudson to see this injury. Awful development for him & the Braves.
— Jayson Stark (@jaysonst) July 25, 2013
Here’s an animated GIF of the injury, if you’re inclined to see it over and over.
In 20 starts coming into Wednesday, Hudson had gone 7-7 with a 4.08 ERA and 1.21 WHIP in 123 2/3 innings. He held the Mets to two runs on four hits in 7 2/3 innings before the injury.
I know I've told y'all before, but #TimHudson is my hero. Eric Young Jr. is a class act, too. Tough injury to see.
— Jason Isbell (@JasonIsbell) July 25, 2013
#Braves announce Tim Hudson sustained fractured right ankle, will have surgery in Atlanta when swelling goes down.
— MLB (@MLB) July 25, 2013
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts