- Davis, Rainey & Brown Among Top Week 3 Waiver Options
- Can The NFL's Off-The-Field Violence Problem Be A Symptom Of Widespread PTSD?
- Massive Freak J.J. Watt Might Become A Serious Tight End Option For The Texans
- Don't Be Offended By This 'Ray Rice Makeup Tutorial' Video: It's Brilliant
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Video: AJ Burnett Has Officially Given Up
A.J. Burnett gave up four earned runs in six innings against the Orioles at Yankee stadium today, in a game that New York lost 5-4 in 11 innings. By Burnett’s standards, this wasn’t a terrible outing. But despite not completely bombing today, there were signs that Burnett and his $82.5 million contract have pretty much given up on this season.
Like this moment, in the top of the 3rd inning, when he failed to come close to the bag whilst trying to complete a double play.
New York radio host Mike Francesa, who was watching the game while doing his afternoon radio show on WFAN, described Burnett in a typically Francesan manner: AJ was “lost in nevuh-nevuh land” during the play. And he was right. Burnett was lost in nevuh-nevuh land, a place he’s been lost in often since 2009 when he signed that big, fat five-year contract.
His line for the day: six innings, four earned runs, seven hits, four walks, seven strikeouts, thre wild pitches, no decision. So, basically, his Yankee career in a nutshell.
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar
- Compilation of TKO's, Injuries and Submissions of MMA
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy