- The 10 Wackest Sports-Related Moves Of 2013
- It Sounds Like Both RGIII And Mike Shanahan Are Done For The Season [UPDATED]
- This New Billiards Game For PS4 Looks Terrifyingly Real
- College Basketball Top 25: A Lot Of Good Teams Got Dunked On Last Week
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Video: AJ Burnett Has Officially Given Up
A.J. Burnett gave up four earned runs in six innings against the Orioles at Yankee stadium today, in a game that New York lost 5-4 in 11 innings. By Burnett’s standards, this wasn’t a terrible outing. But despite not completely bombing today, there were signs that Burnett and his $82.5 million contract have pretty much given up on this season.
Like this moment, in the top of the 3rd inning, when he failed to come close to the bag whilst trying to complete a double play.
New York radio host Mike Francesa, who was watching the game while doing his afternoon radio show on WFAN, described Burnett in a typically Francesan manner: AJ was “lost in nevuh-nevuh land” during the play. And he was right. Burnett was lost in nevuh-nevuh land, a place he’s been lost in often since 2009 when he signed that big, fat five-year contract.
His line for the day: six innings, four earned runs, seven hits, four walks, seven strikeouts, thre wild pitches, no decision. So, basically, his Yankee career in a nutshell.
- The Top Fantasy Sleepers in the NFL
- The Motown Meltdown
- Predicting The NFL's Top 10 Players In 2015
- Is Nick Foles Beating Out The Other NFL Quarterbacks?