- If Michael Sam Gets Cut By The Rams, Who Will Pick Him Up?
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Buffalo Bills Season Preview
- What Happens To Zac Stacy Without Sam Bradford At QB?
- The 9 Sexiest Tennis Players At The 2014 US Open You've Never Heard Of
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Video: AJ Burnett Has Officially Given Up
A.J. Burnett gave up four earned runs in six innings against the Orioles at Yankee stadium today, in a game that New York lost 5-4 in 11 innings. By Burnett’s standards, this wasn’t a terrible outing. But despite not completely bombing today, there were signs that Burnett and his $82.5 million contract have pretty much given up on this season.
Like this moment, in the top of the 3rd inning, when he failed to come close to the bag whilst trying to complete a double play.
New York radio host Mike Francesa, who was watching the game while doing his afternoon radio show on WFAN, described Burnett in a typically Francesan manner: AJ was “lost in nevuh-nevuh land” during the play. And he was right. Burnett was lost in nevuh-nevuh land, a place he’s been lost in often since 2009 when he signed that big, fat five-year contract.
His line for the day: six innings, four earned runs, seven hits, four walks, seven strikeouts, thre wild pitches, no decision. So, basically, his Yankee career in a nutshell.
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ