- RotoExperts On The Radio: Kevin Gausman Debuts On Hot Thursday
- Jose Canseco Is Being Investigated For Rape
- Tony Allen Set A New Low For Egregriously And Horribly Flopping
- Son Of Asshole Makes Greatest Hockey Pass-to-One-Timer-Goal We've Seen In Quite Some Time
- Injured Steelers Tight End Heath Miller Is Improving, But Cautious
Video: AJ Burnett Has Officially Given Up
A.J. Burnett gave up four earned runs in six innings against the Orioles at Yankee stadium today, in a game that New York lost 5-4 in 11 innings. By Burnett’s standards, this wasn’t a terrible outing. But despite not completely bombing today, there were signs that Burnett and his $82.5 million contract have pretty much given up on this season.
Like this moment, in the top of the 3rd inning, when he failed to come close to the bag whilst trying to complete a double play.
New York radio host Mike Francesa, who was watching the game while doing his afternoon radio show on WFAN, described Burnett in a typically Francesan manner: AJ was “lost in nevuh-nevuh land” during the play. And he was right. Burnett was lost in nevuh-nevuh land, a place he’s been lost in often since 2009 when he signed that big, fat five-year contract.
His line for the day: six innings, four earned runs, seven hits, four walks, seven strikeouts, thre wild pitches, no decision. So, basically, his Yankee career in a nutshell.
- Kate Upton's Hottest Shots Yet
- Michael Phelps Rebounds with Notorious Hollywood Waitress
- The 13 Hottest Girlfriends of Derek Jeter
- Sexy Photos of DDP's Ex-Wife Kimberly Page